! Spa Pump Wiring And Noise Issue !

Heres the deal i have a Catalina Spa with 2 Executive 56 motors 3 hp. I had one taken out cause it was leaking.... when i put it back together i am having issues.

1. I filled the spa with all valves open. Even the purging valves that let air out as the water goes to the pumps.

Is that correct?

2. I lost the paper of what the color scheme was when i took the pump wiring off. However the motor has a diagram on it. And it has two sections One "Single Stage" and "Pump with toggle" Any ways im not sur eif i hooked it up right but i followed the toggle one and put the white on top black in middle and red (diagram says yellow on bottom but i dont have yellow) on bottom with green as the ground.

Is that correct?

3. I turned it on and when i hit the jets button once it hums like its going to start going and then "CLICK" (This is the motor i have never had issues with) ...it waits about 10 seconds and then clicks again. I hit the Jets button twice and the other motor kicks on " This is the motor i just put back in"

Whats wrong?

Everything worked great before i took the one motor out. Never had a prob with the motor acting up now.

However I did have a valve shut i noticed on the pipe leading into the control box!. I opened the valve and bled the lines again to make sure there was no air. "THIS WAS BEFORE I HAD EVER TURNED ON THE MOTORS" Could this be an issue?

Please help

Rory

Heres the deal i have a Catalina Spa with 2 Executive 56 motors 3 hp. I had one taken out cause it was leaking.... when i put it back together i am having issues.

1. I filled the spa with all valves open. Even the purging valves that let air out as the water goes to the pumps.

Is that correct?

2. I lost the paper of what the color scheme was when i took the pump wiring off. However the motor has a diagram on it. And it has two sections One "Single Stage" and "Pump with toggle" Any ways im not sur eif i hooked it up right but i followed the toggle one and put the white on top black in middle and red (diagram says yellow on bottom but i dont have yellow) on bottom with green as the ground.

Is that correct?

3. I turned it on and when i hit the jets button once it hums like its going to start going and then "CLICK" (This is the motor i have never had issues with) ...it waits about 10 seconds and then clicks again. I hit the Jets button twice and the other motor kicks on " This is the motor i just put back in"

Whats wrong?

Everything worked great before i took the one motor out. Never had a prob with the motor acting up now.

However I did have a valve shut i noticed on the pipe leading into the control box!. I opened the valve and bled the lines again to make sure there was no air. "THIS WAS BEFORE I HAD EVER TURNED ON THE MOTORS" Could this be an issue?

Please help

Rory

you did everything correct as far as purging the air out of the lines. The motor wire connection is were it sound like something is wrong. Try doing it the way without the toggle. A toggle means the motor has a manual swicth that can turn it off/on and select speeds. Since you do not have a toggle it should be wired the other way