Jacuzzi J-480

Country

Hi. I found a Jacuzzi J-480 for sale, used 1.5 years, for around $3500. Seems like a great deal but I am a relative newcomer to the spa scene. My wife and I are looking for our first. What is the overall reputation of Jacuzzi? How much did that cost brand new, ballpark figure? Are they fully-foamed? Are they made in USA or Canada? Thanks for any advice.

Hi. I found a Jacuzzi J-480 for sale, used 1.5 years, for around $3500. Seems like a great deal but I am a relative newcomer to the spa scene. My wife and I are looking for our first. What is the overall reputation of Jacuzzi? How much did that cost brand new, ballpark figure? Are they fully-foamed? Are they made in USA or Canada? Thanks for any advice.

Full foam yes...Chino California made... depending on year prob $7500-$10500. Jacuzzi makes a great product.. seams like a good price if everything is running properly. Make sure you see it running with water before make the purchase..good luck

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I like the Jacuzzi name because, after all, aren't they who started the whole thing?

I got a message from the seller just now, he said it's full and ready to test but another guy is coming to look at it today, in a couple of hours. I probably missed the boat! Sure seems like a good deal. If I end up getting it I'll share some info on it here.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I like the Jacuzzi name because, after all, aren't they who started the whole thing?

They have name recognition but in reality they actually are not the ones who started it and are behind a couple others in that degree (not that there really is a big difference between someone in business 30 years and someone else at 25 years for instance). Jacuzzi is a good brand so if you like it and the deal is good (and it sounds good from your original post) go for it but don't get it just because its the name you recognize most.

I got a message from the seller just now, he said it's full and ready to test but another guy is coming to look at it today, in a couple of hours.

Maybe that's true but that's what everyone says to pump up interest i.e. "The other guy left an hour ago and I think he's going to buy it later today..."

I probably missed the boat! Sure seems like a good deal. If I end up getting it I'll share some info on it here.

Thanks again.

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your note. I looked at this model and it does appear to be a sweet setup.

Not sure if this guy is playing me or not. Because at first I emailed for details, and he answered my questions. Then I followed up and said I'd like to come see it on Tuesday evening (tomorrow). He says someone is coming today, and he will show it to me Wednesday if it's still available. Maybe it's all a charade. I kind of doubt it though. In any case, I wouldn't buy it unless it really fits us. I'm spending $10k now to remodel my deck, the spa will be installed after that work is done. I can afford to buy the spa I want that fits me and my wife just right, but I can't help but think this used Jacuzzi might be a real value.