Cal Spa Fp 2500

mikei

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a Cal Spa FP 2500 swim spa with all the extras. Inner and upper lights, waterfall, covers, MP3 stereo with upgraded speakers and steps. It's dimensions are 17' x 8' x 52" high. I also bought a Catalina Spa Gazebo (Texas Tea House with 6 barstools) to enclose it. The Gazebo is 24' x 16'.

The company is doing everything for me. A one stop shop. Pouring a 20 x 35 concrete slab, running electrical, moving my sprinkler system, bringing a crane to lift the spa over the 2 story house and obviously setting up the spa and gazebo.

I am paying 32K for everything out the door. Due to the large purchase, the company "Spa's U Design" sold me the spa for 14K, the gazebo for 14.5K and 3.5K for the electical, concrete, sprinkler and crane. The company was referred to my from friends and the company has a great standing with the community.

I am FAR from a spa expert, did a bit of research and thought I was getting a pretty good deal.

I almost bought a Diamonte Swim Spa (Grand Canyon II) but went with my local dealer who told me that the Cal Sap FP2500 was a better spa than the Diamonte.

Also, do you believe that the Cal Spa FP 2500 is a good spa? I know it is too late to change my mind, but honest opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice/recommendations/responses you might have.

Mike The Noobie

if you want my opinion, if you enjoy it for a long time, then it's always a good deal. sounds hassle free for install, so all you have to do is get the mai tai's out, and enjoy...doesn't really matter if somebody says it's good or not, some people get enjoyment from saving some dough by doing it themselves...to each their own. now get out there and soak.

if you want my opinion, if you enjoy it for a long time, then it's always a good deal. sounds hassle free for install, so all you have to do is get the mai tai's out, and enjoy...doesn't really matter if somebody says it's good or not, some people get enjoyment from saving some dough by doing it themselves...to each their own. now get out there and soak.

Thank you for your quick response.

The concrete is going to be finished today or tomorrow. Spa is being built now and will be set up within 3 weeks. The gazebo, unfortunately will not be ready for 60 days.

I am hoping all goes well.

Thank you for your quick response.

The concrete is going to be finished today or tomorrow. Spa is being built now and will be set up within 3 weeks. The gazebo, unfortunately will not be ready for 60 days.

I am hoping all goes well.

I hope you like it...thats a ton of coin to drop on a spa setup...I am sure it will be great!

I hope you like it...thats a ton of coin to drop on a spa setup...I am sure it will be great!

Yes, it is a TON of money. More, quite frankly than we had to spend. But, we are finding a way to do it.

So, of course, I have a bit of buyer's remorse!

I am really looking forward to the spa arriving.

I really do think we will enjoy it.

I almost bought an in ground pool, but a pool can more or less be used for 3 to 4 months of the year. And the maintenance is very high! Although my wife might have like to have a poolboy!!! LOL

But, the wife and I and the kids can use this year round, the heating cost is reasonable, and the gazebo will be very nice addition to my backyard.

Yes, it is a TON of money. More, quite frankly than we had to spend. But, we are finding a way to do it.

I almost bought an in ground pool, but a pool can more or less be used for 3 to 4 months of the year. And the maintenance is very high! Although my wife might have like to have a poolboy!!! LOL

But, the wife and I and the kids can use this year round, the heating cost is reasonable, and the gazebo will be very nice addition to my backyard.

That is pretty much where we were at. We wanted a pool, but figured we would use a hot tub more often. And since we were re-doing our entire outside landscaping of our house....we built it to accommodate a tub. You will enjoy it for sure. I know we sure do!

That is pretty much where we were at. We wanted a pool, but figured we would use a hot tub more often. And since we were re-doing our entire outside landscaping of our house....we built it to accommodate a tub. You will enjoy it for sure. I know we sure do!

Thanks for your response. I really get nervous with big expenditures and this is HUGE! I am looking forward to many years of relaxing and enjoying life in the tub.

you said they were building your spa now, you know what would be really cool? -- and I don't know anything on how to do this, but, if you could go to the factory to see how they built the tub, that would be awesome...not like there's probably any way you could do that...but I would find that really cool.