Any Experience With Cartridge Autocleaners?

Gfam

looking for comments on autocleaners for filter cartridges. I have a 'wand' type and have seen the 'flosser' but I'm considering getting one of these auto/selfcleaners to help extend the life of my cartridge. Seems that the models basically lay the filter down and spin by water force. suggest? pass? Thanks

I have the Blaster 2000 automatic filter cleaner and I would say it does a decent job of cleaning both my pool and spa cartidges. I have a well so my water pressure isn't up to par with most that have city water. If you have city water I would say this would work better as the pressure willl be better than what I get. I have to use a cap over one or more of the jets to increase the water preasure. Nice thing is they supply two caps with the unit. I would give it an overall 7/8 out of 10 maybe better if I had better water pressure. I also have one of the wands that you can get at namco pools for like 14.99 that you run up and down the pleats I think that one is useless http://store.spa-mart.com/p/00HW4001/Filte...eaner+Wand.html.

Joe

Never used one. We just buy a new cartdridge every couple of years - we pull it out of the housing like two to three times a week and clean it with a simple water hose nozzle which has worked really well for us for over 20 years.

Maybe one day we'll try spending the cash to try a special cartridge cleaner.