Vinyl Pool Plaster

Higgs

I have a new pool. We have had a leak and couldn't find it. We hired American Leak Detection and they came out and tested everything. Apparently, there were tears in the vinyl behind the light so the pool contractor "fixed it". We still have the leak. I am not really worried about finding it and fixing it but I noticed that when I push on particular parts of the pool (sides at top) that it feels like the plaster has dissolved (really mushy). I want to know if anyone else has experienced cracking (plaster) or have seen where the walls are eroding a bit (just at top of liner). Can that possibly be "normal" or do I have to take the liner out and re-plaster?

:wacko:

Thanks

Liner? Plaster?? You have one or the other. The mushy may be water behind the liner

It is a vinyl liner. I am assuming the water went behind the wall somehow and then "leaked/broke" through the plaster. I find that pretty hard to believe that it can break through the plaster. Is that normal? My pool builder thinks it is either where the water can come into the auto cover lid and leak down (not likely since I pump always) or our sprinklers system somehow washing the water into the ground and then that "eating" away at the plaster? It sounds absurd to me but that is a builder for you - looking for excuses...