Acrylic Blister

scottg

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, but have been poking around doing some searching and reading recently.

I have a question about my 2002 Sunrise Galileo Spa.. The tub is green, with darker green and white specks.

I just noticed that there is what I believe to be a "blister" in the acrylic in the rear of the foot well area.. It looked like dirt on the bottom of the tub.. When I investigated with my foot, I could tell that there was a layer of the finish which has separated.. It's about the size of a half dollar. It is puffed up, and appears to be split.

Looking at the actual tub itself (on the outer edge near the control panel, for reference), it looks like there are several layers to the tub - one with specs of white and dark green, set onto a solid dark green layer. I believe that it's the top "speckled" layer that separated in that quarter dollar, footwell area. If you try and find it in the daylight, it looks like a small green patch on the floor.

I've emailed Sunrise and they've asked me to get a picture with something near the area for a size reference.

The rest of the acrylic around the area is not showing any signs of this issue. I've read posts on kits which are available to fix the blister, etc. I'll also be waiting to see what the manufacturer has to say.. In the meantime, do you think this is a serious problem? Should I not be using the tub (could that make it worse?)

Many thanks in advance,

Scott