Above Ground Non Chlorine Filtration System Ozonater

this is our 3rd year with our 15 x 18 oval above ground pool. It has a cartridge filter and an ozonater. The first year it was crystal clear for the whole summer. We have never been able to get it back to that state. We go to the pool place they have us by tons of chemicals and still not as good as it was. Can someone first tell me what we should be putting in the pool for opening and how much and then What we should be putting in weekly to maintain a healthy pool. We have pretty good water in our area no hard water or well water issues. Thanks in advance.

this is our 3rd year with our 15 x 18 oval above ground pool. It has a cartridge filter and an ozonater. The first year it was crystal clear for the whole summer. We have never been able to get it back to that state. We go to the pool place they have us by tons of chemicals and still not as good as it was. Can someone first tell me what we should be putting in the pool for opening and how much and then What we should be putting in weekly to maintain a healthy pool. We have pretty good water in our area no hard water or well water issues. Thanks in advance.

WOW - ozone generator for a pool sized amount of water is more expenive than we care to afford but it must be nice to have as the ozone generator in our spa keeps the water so clear and clean.

We are not pros and can only share what has worked for us for over 20 yrs. in our AGP. Be dilligent in getting your PH and Alkalinity in perfect range - then COMPLETELY shock your pool. The last couple of seasons our pool never got quite as clear as we wanted - this year my bride gave me the boot in my butt and got me started early and back to basic pool maintenance 101 beginning early April this year.

If PH and Alkalinity are well in the good range and full shock done then add full "initial dose" of algacide and then make sure all levels are kept good - MAKE SURE - PH and Alkalinity are ALWAYS good!

Ozone generator should allow less sanitizer than otherwise IF it has the capability to treat the volume of water in your pool but you still have to maintain the basic levels ALWAYS. This year our pool is perfectly clear.

Pool Chemistry is not rocket science - Thank God - it does take diligent and regular attention to detail. It can take longer to overcome the effects of a chemistry problem with a single water intake (skimmer) and return/outlet so you may have to run your pump longer than normal while the water is cleansed of the debris of your corrective treatment. Some believe that adding a clarifier will quicken the removal of debris - I dunno - sometimes we think we see results from using a clarifier - sometimes we are convinced they do nothing at all.

Okay - PH ALWAYS good and Alkalinity ALWAYS good and algacide ALWAYS added in sufficient quantities when necessary with proper sanitizer in accordance with instructions of your ozone generator and you should have that crystal clear water again.