"summerizing" My Tub!

Hello all... I'm planning on shutting down my tub for the summer months for the first time this year, and I'm wondering if there's anything special I need to do rather than just draining it and shutting it off. I was thinking about running some Swirl Away through it first.... what else? Thanks all!!

Tony

Hello all... I'm planning on shutting down my tub for the summer months for the first time this year, and I'm wondering if there's anything special I need to do rather than just draining it and shutting it off. I was thinking about running some Swirl Away through it first.... what else? Thanks all!!

Tony

You can run swirl away or Spa Purge in it first, I would. After draining the spa I would take a wet/dry vac and vac out as much water from the jet faces as I could to remove all standing water. Also every so often open the cover to let it air out over the summer

Tony

You can run swirl away or Spa Purge in it first, I would. After draining the spa I would take a wet/dry vac and vac out as much water from the jet faces as I could to remove all standing water. Also every so often open the cover to let it air out over the summer

Hey, thanks for the response... sounds good and makes sense to me, I did all of these steps this past weekend... still, do I need to worry about algae/mold forming in the lines over the summer? If so, is there anything that can be done about it, or does it just "come out in the wash", so to speak? Thanks again for the help...

Tony