De Filter Help

First off i am pool dumb. First time pool owner. So please don't get too technical on me if possible. vacuumed my pool after opening it with hose hooked up to skimmer. When I noticed everything i was vacuuming was coming back out of the jets! I have a D.E. filter and noticed my D.E was coming out too. Hosed it down and backwashed a bunch of times. The pool was cloudy to begin with and now of course its cloudier. So my guess is my filter is not doing whats its supposed to. Any ideas why? Thanks. Oh and I didn't notice any damage to the filter grid and the pressure has been at 12 psi.

First off i am pool dumb. First time pool owner. So please don't get too technical on me if possible. vacuumed my pool after opening it with hose hooked up to skimmer. When I noticed everything i was vacuuming was coming back out of the jets! I have a D.E. filter and noticed my D.E was coming out too. Hosed it down and backwashed a bunch of times. The pool was cloudy to begin with and now of course its cloudier. So my guess is my filter is not doing whats its supposed to. Any ideas why? Thanks. Oh and I didn't notice any damage to the filter grid and the pressure has been at 12 psi.

Sounds like you either have rips or tears in the grids or the manifold that hold the grids in place is cracked. A brand, model and estimated age would help narrow it down. Either way, you'll need to take the filter apart to find the culprit. If you're not sure about digging into this kind of project, call a pool repair company.