Ph Testing Strips Vs 10k+ Ph Meter

I have used three different popular brands of pH testing strips to check my pH level and I keep geeting a reading ~ 7.2-7.6. I took a water sample to my local pool store and they tell me my pH is ~7.2 and they repaeted the test twice. Now I took a water sample into work and tested pH with a acid/base titrator which gives 6.72 avg. Now testing my water at work is nice but, now how do i trust the other readings I get using these test stips??

I don't like test strips just for the reason you outlined, Too much variance. I believe drops style test kits are more accurate. The solutions have a shelf life. Make sure yours are fresh and keep them in a cool dry place, not out at the equipment in the sun... Everyday!

I have used three different popular brands of pH testing strips to check my pH level and I keep geeting a reading ~ 7.2-7.6. I took a water sample to my local pool store and they tell me my pH is ~7.2 and they repaeted the test twice. Now I took a water sample into work and tested pH with a acid/base titrator which gives 6.72 avg. Now testing my water at work is nice but, now how do i trust the other readings I get using these test stips??

I believe that the Taylor K-2006 Liquid Test kits are extremely accurate, but my problem is identifying the color with my eyes. I'd highly recommend the K-2006, anyway, if nothing else for the rest of the tests, especially the FAS-DPD Chlorine test.

I am still waiting for someone to respond to an earlier question I asked about Digital PH Readers.

Does this one work? Digital PH Test Reader

Would love for someone to compare this to the readings they get from their pool store. I have always wanted an accurate PH tester that I can be confident of at the same time.

I have a similar meter from Hanna (eseasongear.com has them here) that tests pH but also ORP (as a measurement of cl function) and temperature, and mine seems to be pretty accurate and convenient.

I really like mine but if you get one of these meters, be aware that you'll also need calibrating fluid. It's not expensive but it does need to be ordered online and stored and the meter calibrated periodically and it is a bit of a bother.

The results from my meter correspond fairly closely with my Taylor test kit and pool store results but in your case it would worry me that you see such a huge discrepancy between your "at work" value and the pool store. In your case I would be looking at a couple of things. First of all I agree with pool clown. Ditch the strips, I never got clearly repeatable readings from them.

Next I would try another pool store in the area, and then I would purchase a good titration test kit like thet Taylor or the TF test kit. (For pH only there are kits at Wmart, your local pool store or even an aquarium place that will work fine). I would continue to do this until I get two or more readings that agree with each other. If you purchase the meter, use that as one of the tests to compare with the others.