Troubleshooting Heating Element

What should the power draw in kwh per hour be for a 4.0 kw heater element at 240v?? Can the heating element still seem to be heating okay but be partially shorted somehow causing it to draw excessive electric??? The resistance measures at 15 ohms. Are there any heating elements that are more efficient than others for hot tubs. It is the Balboa control with the M7 sensors on heater tube. Seems to be heating in about the right time frame. Went from 58 deg. to 92 deg. in about 8 hrs. last night. And just went from 98 to 102 in about an hour. Digital temp. reads 102 deg. which is my set temp. and heater is still on??? Does it go a little beyond the set temp. and then turn off??? I am thinking of replacing it to see if it will use less electric. Any suggestions for brand name or just use the Balboa replacement???

What should the power draw in kwh per hour be for a 4.0 kw heater element at 240v?? Can the heating element still seem to be heating okay but be partially shorted somehow causing it to draw excessive electric??? The resistance measures at 15 ohms. Are there any heating elements that are more efficient than others for hot tubs. It is the Balboa control with the M7 sensors on heater tube. Seems to be heating in about the right time frame. Went from 58 deg. to 92 deg. in about 8 hrs. last night. And just went from 98 to 102 in about an hour. Digital temp. reads 102 deg. which is my set temp. and heater is still on??? Does it go a little beyond the set temp. and then turn off??? I am thinking of replacing it to see if it will use less electric. Any suggestions for brand name or just use the Balboa replacement???

The heater will use .96 KW per hour and should be drawing about 19-22 amps depending on what the voltage is when tested. There is no replacement to use except for a Balboa M7 Heater. It is there heater designed to work with your pc board. Your heater is working within it design of about 4 degrees an hour. A 5kw or 5.5 kw will faster but not save energy.

What brand of spa is it? maybe some insulation can be added