Plugged Filter Outlet

I have a Pacific Spa hot tub made in Vancouver BC. It has a Water Ways top loading filter housing. Brand new Iron Might circ pump. Brand new Balboa vs500 Spa pack.

I am getting a LF code. It seems like the output line on my filter housing is plugged. When the circ pump is running I can't see water movement in the tub. When I take the top off of the filter housing the water fills the housing and pours out the top and back into the tub, so I know the circ pump is working. The tub is foamed in so I can't see where the lines from the filter housing come and go to.

How do I unplug this line? Thanks so much for producing such a valuable resource for hot tub owners.

I have a Pacific Spa hot tub made in Vancouver BC. It has a Water Ways top loading filter housing. Brand new Iron Might circ pump. Brand new Balboa vs500 Spa pack.

I am getting a LF code. It seems like the output line on my filter housing is plugged. When the circ pump is running I can't see water movement in the tub. When I take the top off of the filter housing the water fills the housing and pours out the top and back into the tub, so I know the circ pump is working. The tub is foamed in so I can't see where the lines from the filter housing come and go to.

How do I unplug this line? Thanks so much for producing such a valuable resource for hot tub owners.

How do you have the line plumbed to the heater on the spa pack. The vs will work down to 5 gallon per min.

Is the cicr pump plugged in its own place or pump 1 plug? When calling for heat does the spa pack turn the circ pump on? What vs pack is it?

Did you replace the circ pump?

Sounds like you might have the pressure and suction reversed... maybe..

The Balboa pack is a VS510. The piping comes from the filter, into the center of the circ pump and then out the top and into the heater tube. The circ pump is brand new. It is plugged into J47 the dedicated circ pump spot. My jet pump is plugged into J23 the spot that is labeled "Pump." All of the dip switches are off except for 2 and 5. Yes the circ runs when it calls for heat. It will start to heat then I get a HFL warning. eventually it goes to a LF and the tub shuts off. it is doing this even with the filter out and the top off of the filter housing. There is lots of water flowing out of the housing when the lid is off. In the foot well there are 3 metal intake screens. 2 for the jets and it seems like the other one is connected to the filter/circ pump. I took off the screen/check valve and blew compressed air into it. I had bubbles coming out of the flapper door that feeds the filter and then eventually the air came out of the filter housing. When the tub is on I can't feel any suction when I put my hand over the screen (in the foot well), even with the check valve out. Why would I not be getting suction? Is it possible there is an air lock in the foot well intake?