Rcd Keeps Tripping

Hello & Thanks in advance for looking at my topic.

I have a Mineral Spa Hot Tub which has been working fine for the past year. The Tub is secondHand. I recently changed the water. I did a complete Pipe clean then fresh water.

The Problem I am having is, I power up the hot tub which is connected via a 50 amp fuse from the main board through Armored Cable into the tub which has it's own mini fuse board. There is the RCD. When I turn the hot tub on everything is fine until I run Pump 3. The tub has 3 Pumps plus a blower pump. Pump 1 runs the main massage jets, pump 2 runs the smaller jets & pump 3 runs the filter & heater. Nothing happens if I run any of Pump 1, 2 or blower. If I run Pump 3 on it's own without heat it will run for about 2-5 minutes. If I run the heater it trips in under 1 minute. The pumps are 2HP each & the heater is 5 Kw.

I have checked the wiring & everything is fine.

Any Ideas would be helpful.

Thank You again & look forward to any responses.[/font]

Hello & Thanks in advance for looking at my topic.

I have a Mineral Spa Hot Tub which has been working fine for the past year. The Tub is secondHand. I recently changed the water. I did a complete Pipe clean then fresh water.

The Problem I am having is, I power up the hot tub which is connected via a 50 amp fuse from the main board through Armored Cable into the tub which has it's own mini fuse board. There is the RCD. When I turn the hot tub on everything is fine until I run Pump 3. The tub has 3 Pumps plus a blower pump. Pump 1 runs the main massage jets, pump 2 runs the smaller jets & pump 3 runs the filter & heater. Nothing happens if I run any of Pump 1, 2 or blower. If I run Pump 3 on it's own without heat it will run for about 2-5 minutes. If I run the heater it trips in under 1 minute. The pumps are 2HP each & the heater is 5 Kw.

I have checked the wiring & everything is fine.

Any Ideas would be helpful.

Thank You again & look forward to any responses.[/font]

Perhaps motor is failing,seizing up,pump seal might of been leaking for awhile and now motor is on its way out

You could check amperage draw on motor while it is running