Hot Springs Envoy -v- Caldera Elation -v- Caldera Tahitian

plugger

Have narrowed our choices down to these 3. Prices quoted are £9000 for Elation which is ex-display, £8500 Envoy & £8000 for Tahitian. We sure are getting ripped off here in the UK compared to US prices.

I understand that both Hot spring & Casldera are made by same manufacturer, although the hotsprings salesman says that Hot Springs are a far superior product and much more energy efficient.

Any views would be appreciated.

Well, I have no information whatsoever about the Caldera line, but I've owned a Hot Spring 2005 Envoy since early February. I use the tub almost daily for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I live in a moderate climate, but we've had an exceptionally cold winter/spring with temperatures hovering near freezing for many nights (this is unusual).

I have seen ZERO increase in my power bills.

Obviously the spa uses SOME power, but the amount, for me, has been so little as to be indiscernable -- so I am VERY impressed with energy efficiency of this unit.

As for spa comfort, I love the Envoy. The jets are powerful. Each seat works on a different set of muscles, so by the time you do the full circuit, you will have had a very relaxing session. For two people this works fine, as you can manipulate the diverter valves in such a way as to ensure both persons get the benefit of many jets simultaneously. However, if you plan to regularly have more than two people in the spa, you might consider a different unit. The diverter valves do allow only certain jets to work for certain pumps, so a third person would be left out of the power massage mix. (They would still receive a very relaxing soak, and of course you can always trade around seats!)

I bought mine used, so I can't speak to the warranty aspect of the spa. But I've had only very minor issues with mine which were easy to fix myself (I expected this with a used unit). I replaced the auxiliary control panel which was not working when I purchased the spa, and I tweaked with the Moto Massage jet hose to make sure it was firmly affixed so the jet would work properly. Other than these issues, the spa has worked perfectly from the first day I filled it. It holds its temperature rock solid, it's easy to clean and maintain.

So at this point, it becomes a matter of personal preference. As others on this site will suggest, wet testing is so very important. If you've already done that with your three spas, then I should think that would be your final guide.

Best of luck with your choice!

Raeven

Well, I have no information whatsoever about the Caldera line, but I've owned a Hot Spring 2005 Envoy since early February. I use the tub almost daily for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I live in a moderate climate, but we've had an exceptionally cold winter/spring with temperatures hovering near freezing for many nights (this is unusual).

I have seen ZERO increase in my power bills.

Obviously the spa uses SOME power, but the amount, for me, has been so little as to be indiscernable -- so I am VERY impressed with energy efficiency of this unit.

As for spa comfort, I love the Envoy. The jets are powerful. Each seat works on a different set of muscles, so by the time you do the full circuit, you will have had a very relaxing session. For two people this works fine, as you can manipulate the diverter valves in such a way as to ensure both persons get the benefit of many jets simultaneously. However, if you plan to regularly have more than two people in the spa, you might consider a different unit. The diverter valves do allow only certain jets to work for certain pumps, so a third person would be left out of the power massage mix. (They would still receive a very relaxing soak, and of course you can always trade around seats!)

I bought mine used, so I can't speak to the warranty aspect of the spa. But I've had only very minor issues with mine which were easy to fix myself (I expected this with a used unit). I replaced the auxiliary control panel which was not working when I purchased the spa, and I tweaked with the Moto Massage jet hose to make sure it was firmly affixed so the jet would work properly. Other than these issues, the spa has worked perfectly from the first day I filled it. It holds its temperature rock solid, it's easy to clean and maintain.

So at this point, it becomes a matter of personal preference. As others on this site will suggest, wet testing is so very important. If you've already done that with your three spas, then I should think that would be your final guide.

Best of luck with your choice!

Raeven

There are both made by Watkins Manufacturing and use the exact same equipment heaters, pumps, circ pump, insulation so pick the one you like best

Like ps558 said, both Hot Springs and Caldera are made by the exact same company. It is my understanding that Caldera Spas are more comfortable than Hot Springs, and pure comfort is what Caldera prides itself on. You just need to test them out, wet or dry, and see what fits you the best. I like the Tahitian, because it has everything (aside from a stereo) and it is the perfect sized spa. If the stereo is a must-have, then go with the Elation. Both brands will both be very energy-efficient as well.