Sundance Optima

Warpdrv

Can someone suggest a good (and inexpensive) place to get replacement headrests, mine are about 2 years old and gettin' there if ya know what I mean...

Also, in the mean time one of the plastic screws broke on one of the headrests, so I need to find a replacement for that.....

Thanks for your help guys... :)

Patrick

forgot to mention, my dealer closed up shop and left the state... grrr...

www.spaandpoolsource.com

www.shepnell.com

You can expect to spend abour $200 for a full set including inserts.

Thank you tony, that is helpful... from what I have read through searches my Ozone isn't helping.... :(

But I guess thats part of the game every 2-3 years - so be it...

I truly enjoy my tub, and thanks to this forum, it has been far less painful then learning the hard way... :)

Much Obliged

OH and FWIW, anyone searching for this should search for pillows instead eh... Now I know...

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought ...

I recently bought a used Sundance tub and needed to replace the pillows as well.

When pulling the old ones out, I noted that unlike my sister's 'retired' pillows which were waterlogged, the foam on the Sundance ones is fine.

It is just the covering that is deteriorated. Has anyone ever tried 'covering' them? Can you buy a stretchy bathing suit material? Not even sure. Unless you are in the tub, the water level is below the pillows. I would think that a patterned covering would be a nice touch. I'm sure it wouldn't last as long, but would be cheap to replace.

Curious as to whether this would be doable ...

Just a thought ...

I recently bought a used Sundance tub and needed to replace the pillows as well.

When pulling the old ones out, I noted that unlike my sister's 'retired' pillows which were waterlogged, the foam on the Sundance ones is fine.

It is just the covering that is deteriorated. Has anyone ever tried 'covering' them? Can you buy a stretchy bathing suit material? Not even sure. Unless you are in the tub, the water level is below the pillows. I would think that a patterned covering would be a nice touch. I'm sure it wouldn't last as long, but would be cheap to replace.

Curious as to whether this would be doable ...

You are correct. Sundance pillows start to disintigrate at the top "layer". The integrity of the pillow is still there. Covering them may very well work.

My original pillows lasted about two years. My second set is still there almost five years later, though there are signs of them starting to fail. I believe the reason for the second set lasting so much longer is partly due to removing my ozonator and partly to the use of a blanket for the past couple of years.