Coast - Jacuzzi-sundance

Midnite

As recommended I have been wet testing for 2 days, learned a lot. tried the jacuzzi 375, nice, roomy but it seemed the massage was not very strong. The sundance cameo was nice too but felt smaller but the jets were certainly more vigorous...difficult to decide, then we tried a coast, a radiance, surprisingly it seemed as roomy as the jacuzzi and as strong in the jet massage as the sundance.

With all of this my wife is getting freaked about the sanitary conditions of a spa, bacteria, chemicals, salt, ozone, UV, chlorine, lithium, bromine, ionization, PH, etc etc :huh:

I have a friend who sells spas, Sunrise, and he mainly does pool and spa maintenance, he's not trying to sell me one he just said that 5 people in a hot spa is about a sanitary as 200 people in a pool :o

What do the experienced...experts think ?

Midnite

As recommended I have been wet testing for 2 days, learned a lot. tried the jacuzzi 375, nice, roomy but it seemed the massage was not very strong. The sundance cameo was nice too but felt smaller but the jets were certainly more vigorous...difficult to decide, then we tried a coast, a radiance, surprisingly it seemed as roomy as the jacuzzi and as strong in the jet massage as the sundance.

With all of this my wife is getting freaked about the sanitary conditions of a spa, bacteria, chemicals, salt, ozone, UV, chlorine, lithium, bromine, ionization, PH, etc etc :huh:

I have a friend who sells spas, Sunrise, and he mainly does pool and spa maintenance, he's not trying to sell me one he just said that 5 people in a hot spa is about a sanitary as 200 people in a pool :o

What do the experienced...experts think ?

Midnite

All buyers may be interested to note that I read the Coast spa warranty....small print, among other things some items of note

1. warranty on heater is only 2 years not 5 like sundance and jacuzzi

2. most 5 year items are really 3 and the last 2 at 50%

3. Seems that they can get out of covering most issues

reading that small print leaves me with a very poor feeling about Coast <_<

Sundance and Jacuzzi are the same company. The SD Cameo is a higher end spa than the Jacuzzi 375 and is more like the 400 series. Sundance/Jacuzzi is a major manufacturer and IMO a notch above Coast. Their warranty is solid.

Your friends analogy is pretty much correct. Spas are small bodies of water and are more prone to water maintenance issues than pools. With a little knowlege, however, you can keep a very santiary spa. Most spas don't get used by five people at a time. Most use is with one or two with the occasional group soak. Educate yourself on water maintenance as much as possible and get a good test kit. You will be fine.

Sundance and Jacuzzi are the same company. The SD Cameo is a higher end spa than the Jacuzzi 375 and is more like the 400 series. Sundance/Jacuzzi is a major manufacturer and IMO a notch above Coast. Their warranty is solid.

Your friends analogy is pretty much correct. Spas are small bodies of water and are more prone to water maintenance issues than pools. With a little knowlege, however, you can keep a very santiary spa. Most spas don't get used by five people at a time. Most use is with one or two with the occasional group soak. Educate yourself on water maintenance as much as possible and get a good test kit. You will be fine.

Tony thanks so much for responding, We now have come to an understanding and we'd love to go ahead with a purchase, we are looking at the Jacuzzi 480, large and most up to date ...everything. I may give in on the lower power/feel of hydrotherapy as compared to Sundance to appease the size /space advantage of my family since I need a lounge chair and the Sundance maxxus is just too large.

Jacuzzi warranty is solid, recommendations are great, just waiting to see what prices are like in canada...can anyone comment ?

Grateful....midnite

Tony thanks so much for responding, We now have come to an understanding and we'd love to go ahead with a purchase, we are looking at the Jacuzzi 480, large and most up to date ...everything. I may give in on the lower power/feel of hydrotherapy as compared to Sundance to appease the size /space advantage of my family since I need a lounge chair and the Sundance maxxus is just too large.

Jacuzzi warranty is solid, recommendations are great, just waiting to see what prices are like in canada...can anyone comment ?

Grateful....midnite

09' 480 $12000 in ohio