Wave Tec

poolgirl

My husband and I, unfortunately signed a contract with WaveTec. The next day I called them to get some answers, because we did not want to be liable for the "30%" cancellation fee if things didn't work out such as funding. They never called back so I sent in the cancellation letter that evening. I work out of the country and when I got back I called to find out about my refund and they said that they did not receive the letter in time. I guess I should have Fed-Ex it, although only living in San Antonio, I know it doesn't take more than a day to get there... I checked with my bank and noticed that they did not cash our deposit check, so I put a stop payment on it. I called Wave-Tec again and "Jennifer" who was in charge was supposed to call me back, but never did. I finally sent them an e-mail to their website and telling them I cancelled the check, then finally someone called back.. I told them I didn't want to be locked in the contract so I cancelled the deposit because we weren't funded yet and not to mention we have to get permission from our HOA which could take up to 30 day.

When our sales rep Nate G. came out to discuss the sale of the pool, he said that it was a liner like those sprayed on the the bed of trucks, that our yard was large enough, and that they could acces our electric box with no problem.. We also told him that we had to get HOA approval and he said that they do not get involved with that. After reading the contract over and over again, this is not all true. The contract states that the outlet has to be less than 50 ft away, which it is clearly not and wthat we are responsible for leveling the land, which it isn't, and we find out that it is like a sticky liner that lays in there, I guess like tape, not sprayed in. In addition we don't want to close on a pool w/o HOA approval.

We signed the sale contract on August 27, 2006; cancelled the next day, which they said they didn't receive it in time and cancelled our deposit check. We actually scheduled to close with Superior Funding on Monday, October 23, 2006, but cancelled the closing because all we wanted was a builder contractor to come out and let us know that there wouldn't be any hidden costs or problems because of the utilities and ground and they couldn't even do that. The only time they ever called back was when Jennifer finally decided to get involved with the HOA, because I guess it was taking too long for them. She actually said that they have a lawyer who could get involved to push things ahead with the HOA, I told her that Nate said you guys don't get involved and now they suddenly do. Well I luckily didn't give them my HOA info because that is one entity I don't want to make mad.

Well after leaving a message with the finance company telling them we weren't closing on the deal-because they don't call back, and Jennifer is out of town for the week-who is the only person at WaveTec that can help us-we are already sick of them. If the service sucks now, I don't want to even get into it if there would be a warranty issue.

I just wanted to know if anyone knew if Wave Tec can come after us for the"30%" for cancelling even though they don't even have a deposit from us.

I am just glad we did not do the financing with them.

If anyone knows about this please repond or e-mail me at flylisanow@yahoo.com. Or if I need a laywer and someone has a referral that would be great...Lisa

From what I have read about wave tec I dont want to get involde with them either. And we did call them about a month ago and only got put on hold when we ask where they were located took them 15 mins to come back and tell us there only office is I belive they said san Marcus and its the only store in Texas. Can rember if they had a show room or if they were a ware house only. by that time I could care less where they were. She could of told me were they were and yes or no if they had one set up to see how it was done. I say dont worry about them worse they could do is turn you over to the credit bural. But I dont think so. They are inanoff hot water now anyhow they are being sued right and left.