How Do You Know If You Are Allergic To Mps2?

moonlight

I've read that many people are allergic to MPS 2. I am using Nature 2 and following the recipe exactly - using MPS2 before and after soaking. I've only had my hot tub for about 2.5 months and have gradually felt my eyes itching. I super sanitize the spa weekly with dichlor per the instructions. It is also spring and all the trees around my house are emitting tons of pollen into the air so I don't know if my allergies are to the trees or possibly to the MPS2. I only have itchy irritated eyes and sometimes a slight dry cough. I thought I should switch to dichlor before and after soaks (Nature 2 instructions say you can substitute a smaller amount -1/3 - for the MPS2 if you want to). I soak every night for about 20 minutes. My husband joins me about 2 times a week but he doesn't seem to have the same problem. Should I try the dichlor for a while and see? Is there a reason I shouldn't?

Thanks for any help.