Arctic Ozone (not Onzen)

Tomab

Hi everyone,

I just received my Arctic Tundra LE the other day. I love it!

To my point. I was looking under the hood just because I find it interesting. I noticed that there was no plug or accessory occupying the socket on the outside of the control box that was labeled "ozone". Is this supposed to be open and the Arctic Ozone operates on power from another source or is there no ozone system installed on my tub?

My first instinct is to think there is none installed on my tub (even though I paid for it). Before I get all enraged I figured I'd better check with you guys on the forum. How would I know if the Arctic Ozone was installed or not? I definately want to find out before I make a call to my dealer and question them on this.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

If you stand outside the tub and face the panel, the middle seat on the right has a port that is different than the jets. This is your ozone port. It will have little bubbles coming out when it is working. But this will help you follow the hose back to the actual unit.

Thanks Glid and UK. I checked out my tub further and decided I do not have ozone. Thanks for the offer UK but I already put a call in to my dealer and they are going to check with Arctic on what's going on. This is very frustrating especially since I've waited for my tub to be delivered for nearly 3 months. Delay after delay and now this.

Tom

What a PITA, Tomab!

I'm surprised, though, that the dealer has to *check* with Arctic Central. I would think that the dealer would have checked to be sure that the tub THEY sold you was the tub they delivered. Evidently not.

What a PITA, Tomab!

I'm surprised, though, that the dealer has to *check* with Arctic Central. I would think that the dealer would have checked to be sure that the tub THEY sold you was the tub they delivered. Evidently not.

I couldn't agree more.

If the dealer chooses to add on the Arctic Ozone does anyone know if the installation method is just as reliable as if it were done in the factory or does it possibly increase the chance of leaking potential and that sort of thing?

• 3 months later...
Its super easy to install after and most tubs are pre-plumbed to accept any brand of ozone, or injectors.

I agree, to retro-fit ozone is no problem i can only imagine a communication problem when the tub was ordered. I am sure your dealer will put things right.

We are considering a summit siganture off the floor with no onzen/ozone system. Was told to retrofit would cost $1600. Is itit really that costly and is it necessary? we are knew to tubbing and wet tested till we narrowed our ssearch to Arctis. The Galcier was nice but the summit has more room.

Can anyone help out w/ info here? Thank you!

Its super easy to install after and most tubs are pre-plumbed to accept any brand of ozone, or injectors.

I agree, to retro-fit ozone is no problem i can only imagine a communication problem when the tub was ordered. I am sure your dealer will put things right.

We are considering a summit siganture off the floor with no onzen/ozone system. Was told to retrofit would cost $1600. Is itit really that costly and is it necessary? we are knew to tubbing and wet tested till we narrowed our ssearch to Arctis. The Galcier was nice but the summit has more room.

Can anyone help out w/ info here? Thank you!

I bought an ozone machine from spa manufacturer for $300 and fitted it in ten minutes so imo $1600 a bit high