Used Hot Springs Vista

Hey everyone... I just purchased a used Hot Springs Vista (a few years old) from a gentleman and I'm having it moved today. I'm seeking advice on the best way to initially clean it. Also, I would love any other advice on initial set up, etc. My wife and I are thrilled to be purchasing our first hot tub, but we certainly have a lot to learn. Thanks.

Hey everyone... I just purchased a used Hot Springs Vista (a few years old) from a gentleman and I'm having it moved today. I'm seeking advice on the best way to initially clean it. Also, I would love any other advice on initial set up, etc. My wife and I are thrilled to be purchasing our first hot tub, but we certainly have a lot to learn. Thanks.

Are you in Roseville, CA?

What condition is the tub in. Makes a difference regarding cleaning.

I always recommend new filters. The filters have been picking up someone else's "Stuff."

Are you in Roseville, CA?

What condition is the tub in. Makes a difference regarding cleaning.

I always recommend new filters. The filters have been picking up someone else's "Stuff."

Yes, I am in Roseville, CA. Thanks.

Hi, congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll really enjoy the Vista - my husband and I bought a new one four years ago and really like it. I like it's roominess and I use it more as an exercising spa doing bicycle leg movements and such.

I buy all of my supplies thru spadepot.com - In my area, supplies are very expensive and spadepot has the best prices vs quality that I've been able to find. To clean your spa, use a spa cleaner flush product such as the one that spadepot sells. It's like $10 a bottle and you would fill up the spa with water and run this thru with both pumps on - it will clean the lines as well as the shell. Since it's a used spa, I would run the flush and let it sit overnight, run the pumps for another 15 min., then drain and refill it - and without using more flush, run the pumps again for 15 min. and drain it again. This will ensure a really clean spa and then now you can fill it and get it balanced to use it.

Enjoy!

Hi, congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll really enjoy the Vista - my husband and I bought a new one four years ago and really like it. I like it's roominess and I use it more as an exercising spa doing bicycle leg movements and such.

I buy all of my supplies thru spadepot.com - In my area, supplies are very expensive and spadepot has the best prices vs quality that I've been able to find. To clean your spa, use a spa cleaner flush product such as the one that spadepot sells. It's like $10 a bottle and you would fill up the spa with water and run this thru with both pumps on - it will clean the lines as well as the shell. Since it's a used spa, I would run the flush and let it sit overnight, run the pumps for another 15 min., then drain and refill it - and without using more flush, run the pumps again for 15 min. and drain it again. This will ensure a really clean spa and then now you can fill it and get it balanced to use it.

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for the advice. I need to get right on this.

I'd recommend running some flush through it, such as rosevillenewbie's recommendation. We sell "Spa System Flush" here. It works very, very well. Pour some into the hot tub, run your jets 15-30 minutes, drain & rinse. You'll be surprised how much it cleans out of the plumbing and such. :) VERY effective stuff.

New filters are always a great idea too.

As far as cleaning the surfaces of the spa, I like to use simple products like Vinegar. It's very cheap, deodorizes naturally, cleans hard water deposits, and won't hurt the spa or the water in it should any vinegar be left behind. Course, I use Vinegar for ALL my cleaning needs at home.