Used The Spa Flush Did Wonders But....important Question

Edward14

Used spa flush, ran high/low, drained, refilled, then the chlorine, ran high/low, drained, refilled, balanced chemicals, bromine and everything looks great. Boy, a lot of gunk came out using the spa flush!

Just used the clean tub and I noticed that a lone jet on the right wasn't turned on during the procedures, as well as one foot jet. Turned them on while I was soaking....did these two jets get any of the spa flush/chlorine? Or did I just re-contaminate by turning them on? Was there gunk that didn't get during the procedure? Should I go thru the decontaminate procedures again?

I also smelled chlorine 15 minutes later, which is strange in a bromine tub, which leads me to believe that some chlorinated water from the procedures was trapped behind the jets....

I wouldn't worry about it. I think even with the jets closed, a little water still passes through. The main purpose of the Decon is to reset your CD, and kill any biofilm. I doubt any biofilm is hiding in one or two jets. You will have super chlorinated water in the pipes for a little while. It will disperse pretty quick.

Enjoy your nice clean tub. :)

I wouldn't worry about it. I think even with the jets closed, a little water still passes through. The main purpose of the Decon is to reset your CD, and kill any biofilm. I doubt any biofilm is hiding in one or two jets. You will have super chlorinated water in the pipes for a little while. It will disperse pretty quick.

Enjoy your nice clean tub. :)

I went ahead and started the entire cleaning all over again and I'm glad I did because there's more gunk around the jets that weren't on in the first place and some gunk on top of jets that were. I bought this 14 year old tub about 4 months ago, so it probably needed a 2nd cleaning anyway but I'm wondering how many times I need to do this before no gunk comes out at all??.

Thanks!

I went ahead and started the entire cleaning all over again and I'm glad I did because there's more gunk around the jets that weren't on in the first place and some gunk on top of jets that were. I bought this 14 year old tub about 4 months ago, so it probably needed a 2nd cleaning anyway but I'm wondering how many times I need to do this before no gunk comes out at all??.

What you could do is remove all the jets and soak them in a bucket of chlorinated water during the process. If the tub is that old, you may need new rubber seals. Have you tried removing a jet and looking behind it?

As far as the gunk disappearing, I really don't know. There hasn't been anyone that kept doing it until the gunk was gone. Maybe it was just a little gunk trapped behind the closed jets. Does it appear to be LESS gunk this time?

What you could do is remove all the jets and soak them in a bucket of chlorinated water during the process. If the tub is that old, you may need new rubber seals. Have you tried removing a jet and looking behind it?

As far as the gunk disappearing, I really don't know. There hasn't been anyone that kept doing it until the gunk was gone. Maybe it was just a little gunk trapped behind the closed jets. Does it appear to be LESS gunk this time?

Way less green gunk the 2nd time. Couldn't get each jet out, tried clockwise, counterclockwise, pushing, pulling, although one did fall out...it looked very clean. I'm also using a wet shop vac to suck out water from each jet and in the filter chamber.