Is Going To This Worth It?

andyj

I've posted here a few times; I've narrowed down my hot tub choice to either an Arctic Summit or a Caldera Niagara, and I've wet tested many including these. Just saw that there's this spring outdoor living show in Tacoma that's supposed to have "great deals" etc on spas. Being that I've talked extensively with the Arctic and Caldera reps here in Seattle and discussed prices, does anyone know if I can get a "better deal" if I make the drive down to this show?? I'm kind of assuming not, but I've never been to any of these and am more than willing if it will lower the price!! The prices even for refurbished tubs have been really high with the dealers (ex. 2006 refurb Arctic for $8500, same for 2006 Caldera, plus tax).

Thanks for any help!!

I'm in Jersey and just experienced this same thing. The ad read over 120 spas. Should have known when I showed up and the parking lot was less than half full.

We went in and it seemed as if the salesmen outnumbered the potential buyers. Some of the spas looked OK but not really what I was looking for. We were out of there in less than 20 minutes.

The rep said he was from Michigan or something. I was apprehensive about dealing with someone who wasn't local.

What are they? Traveling salesmen?

I've posted here a few times; I've narrowed down my hot tub choice to either an Arctic Summit or a Caldera Niagara, and I've wet tested many including these. Just saw that there's this spring outdoor living show in Tacoma that's supposed to have "great deals" etc on spas. Being that I've talked extensively with the Arctic and Caldera reps here in Seattle and discussed prices, does anyone know if I can get a "better deal" if I make the drive down to this show?? I'm kind of assuming not, but I've never been to any of these and am more than willing if it will lower the price!! The prices even for refurbished tubs have been really high with the dealers (ex. 2006 refurb Arctic for $8500, same for 2006 Caldera, plus tax).

Thanks for any help!!

1) Shows cost $ between the space and paying sales people, moving spas, etc. Sows can be good for looking around to see what is out there but if it’s a better deal you're looking for that's not what you get from them.

2) As Doc noted you have to be careful that you're not being suckered into one of those traveling circus shows run by the Master.

3) You NEVER want to buy from a show unless its the actual local dealer selling locally. For instance Master loves to dump product in a city and bolt town.

Shows like you see at a state fair can be nice for a new customer to compare brands but beyond that they're not giving you anything tangible.