All Jets Work, Just Not At The Same Time!

r4614

Are we going to have to learn to be polite and take turns?? I've got my new (to me) spa up and running, but the jets only work on one seat at a time, which will definitely take away from our enjoyment if there's more than one person in there!

It's an old California Cooperage and the jets are adjusted using a black plastic knob on the top edge of the inside of the tub.

Any thoughts on what might cause a problem like that?

Thanks!

Are we going to have to learn to be polite and take turns?? I've got my new (to me) spa up and running, but the jets only work on one seat at a time, which will definitely take away from our enjoyment if there's more than one person in there!

It's an old California Cooperage and the jets are adjusted using a black plastic knob on the top edge of the inside of the tub.

Any thoughts on what might cause a problem like that?

Thanks!

One pump mabye, with a diverter type control............just a hunch. I've been looking at new artesians that have one pump per seat.

That makes sense... does that tend to be an expensive fix?

Not sure about the fix. I do not own a tub yet so maybe someone else could help out with cost of repairs.

But the ones I did wet test had say 2-3 pumps for 6-7 seats. Basically the seats would share a pump. When you divert all the water to one seat by adjusting the valve you would lose water pressure at the other seat.

If one of your pumps is shot then I guess that could get costly???