Replacing Foam Insulation Removed For Repair

Wobbly

Finally tracked down some leaks after jacking up the hot tub and digging out a lot of foam insulation. The leaks were at the suction return fittings and could have been fixed without digging the insulation out. Anyway, today I attempted to spray foam on the bottom of the shell. The soy-based foam from Costco dripped off in big gobs, as did Great Stuff Crack Filler. I may try some Great Stuff Big Gap foam or whatever it's called, in the black can, but I'm not optimistic. Froth-Pak looks like it would work. TAP Plastics has it for $65 for one cubic foot expanded volume, which seems like a rip-off. Similar product, Versi-Foam, is on EBAY for about half that price.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Finally tracked down some leaks after jacking up the hot tub and digging out a lot of foam insulation. The leaks were at the suction return fittings and could have been fixed without digging the insulation out. Anyway, today I attempted to spray foam on the bottom of the shell. The soy-based foam from Costco dripped off in big gobs, as did Great Stuff Crack Filler. I may try some Great Stuff Big Gap foam or whatever it's called, in the black can, but I'm not optimistic. Froth-Pak looks like it would work. TAP Plastics has it for $65 for one cubic foot expanded volume, which seems like a rip-off. Similar product, Versi-Foam, is on EBAY for about half that price.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I would use the stuff designed for doors and windows. It doesn't expand as much which will prevent it from causing any problems from too much pressure against the plumbing. It is in the blue can at Home Depot - I would''t use "Great Stuff" as it expands quite a bit and could cause too much pressure on your plumbing.

Dale

The Great Stuff Big Gap Filler (black can) adheres much better than the red can or the soy-based foam when sprayed vertically. Still have some stalactites, but it looks like it will work if done in several coats. It's less than $5 for a 16 oz can at Home Depot.