More Bubblies And A Little Foaming

hoopy

I have a D1 Diplomat that I have up and running since March. Recently I have noticed that when the jets are on, more bubbles and a little bit of foam are showing up. I just had the water tested and the TDS is right around 900. What could be causing the bubbles and foam as I have never had them before?

I have a D1 Diplomat that I have up and running since March. Recently I have noticed that when the jets are on, more bubbles and a little bit of foam are showing up. I just had the water tested and the TDS is right around 900. What could be causing the bubbles and foam as I have never had them before?

How often have you changed the water, and when was the last time you did so?

B)

I haven't changed it since March.

Change the water.

B)

Foam is a sign that foreign matter like body oils, deoderant, etc have entered the water. Also, if someone has worn something that has been in a clothes washer with soap. Wash out the filters and just drain and refill the spa. Be sure to put in spa metal gone and keep the vision cartridge out 48 hours after you put in the metal gone.

Also, my vision cartridge was supposed to be changed in Sept. Since I didn;'t use the spa a lot in the summer, I figured I could get maybe another month or two out of the vision cartridge. Could this be causing the problem?

It is most definetly time to change the water. Theres nothing like clean fresh water. I personaly would change it more than twice a year. Three to four times a year is more typical.

Be sure to put in spa metal gone and keep the vision cartridge out 48 hours after you put in the metal gone.

Ahem....somebody (cough *my husband* cough) didn't didn't read the set up for the Vision, went ahead and filled the spa without the metall gone and anti scale that is indicated in the instructions.

Now of course we have a nice rust colored line around the spa edge. I've cleaned it, but can I take the vision out, add these chemicals, leave it out for 48 hours and resume as before?

The spa is not even a month old.

Thank you!!

kateyc61, I never used the anti scale, just the metal gone with no problems.

Thanks Hoopey, it's funny, I just did a Google search on the Vision cartridges, and didn't it link me to a post of yours from November 2005!

Should you go in the spa during the 48 hrs the Vision is out? Will it hose things up? The spa has been very well balanced with only minute adjustments needed despite heavy usage (the 4 of us in every day since we got it)