Water Feature Circulation

Raegor

I have a HS Vanguard which has the 24hr cirulation pump w/ ozone and water feature on the same pump. I have been turning off the water feature when covered/not in use but I'm wondering if leaving it on will create more circulation?

Or does it not matter?

I have a HS Vanguard which has the 24hr cirulation pump w/ ozone and water feature on the same pump. I have been turning off the water feature when covered/not in use but I'm wondering if leaving it on will create more circulation?

Or does it not matter?

It's actually best to turn it off as you have been doing. You'll get better circulation with that water feature off.

Turn that water feature on all the way sometime, and watch the amount of ozone bubbles you get coming out of the bottom of the spa. Then turn that thing off. You'll see a change in water flow from the bottom there. The idea is to allow the warm water to enter from the bottom, and then to be pulled back in through the filter area (top). This will create better overall circulation than all surface movement. :)

Plus, some argue it may save on the wear n tear on the circulation pump to leave the little waterfall off.