Four Wind Spas - Anyone Own The Bahama?

My husband and I are interested in purchasing a Four Winds Spa and wanted to know if anyone has a Bahama (Elite line). If so, what do you think of it? Or if you own another Four Winds, what do you think of your spa? I've heard some complaints about the noise on the older premier models but wasn't sure if that was still an issue or not.

Any input you have is greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone know anything about Four Winds period? I don't seem to be finding out a lot of information on them and would like to know if anyone has any experience with these spas.

I work on them often since our local dealer is not well liked. To me they are nothing more then an entry level spa. Some of the prices I have heard for their parts kept me up all night. I usually rip out their OEM equipment and put in Generic Balboa spa packs so they can save money in the future. Why not save a bit more and get into a premium line?

• 1 year later...

??? they come standard with Balboa control systems, one of the best cabinets in the business, double insulated sub floors, sealed bases, and unlike most of the spas out there (including many of the "top brands") they use proper nylon wound flex pipe on all pressure lines even to the individual jets with hand glued and primer fittings throughout... none of this cheap vinyl tubing dipped in glue and speed clamped...

Their guarantee is the best in the business bar none... 25 yr structure, 7 years surface, 3-5 years parts, 6 years plumbing and non prorated, with no call out charge... all of this from a manufacturer that has been around over 20 years... longer than 95% of the industry

And as for prices for their parts, its all industry standard tier one parts... source them anywhere including e-bay.... Yer not making sense here mate

So in your esteemed opinion exactly what should they do to make them better...

I have done some minor work on a few and frankly in the 20 years i have been fixing spas they are among the best spas I have seen from a build quality stand point and you can get a good 7 foot loaded twin pumper for $8k... I would buy one in a minute, In fact I am about 99% sure i will buy a couple truckloads of them for next season...

I can not comment on 4 winns, but clearwater has an overall better warrenty, plus the reason most the "premier" lines are getting back out of the wrapped tubing is that it has inconsistant size and it is creating a leak nightmare for them, and as far a some premier lines, they clamp, with no glue, to make future repairs...if any much easier. Does your car glue its radiator hose on?

I can also do better on pricing than 8K. Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about them, they are not in our area that we have seen, but don't knock all the other lines out there...jeez...

??? they come standard with Balboa control systems, one of the best cabinets in the business, double insulated sub floors, sealed bases, and unlike most of the spas out there (including many of the "top brands") they use proper nylon wound flex pipe on all pressure lines even to the individual jets with hand glued and primer fittings throughout... none of this cheap vinyl tubing dipped in glue and speed clamped...

Their guarantee is the best in the business bar none... 25 yr structure, 7 years surface, 3-5 years parts, 6 years plumbing and non prorated, with no call out charge... all of this from a manufacturer that has been around over 20 years... longer than 95% of the industry

And as for prices for their parts, its all industry standard tier one parts... source them anywhere including e-bay.... Yer not making sense here mate

So in your esteemed opinion exactly what should they do to make them better...

I have done some minor work on a few and frankly in the 20 years i have been fixing spas they are among the best spas I have seen from a build quality stand point and you can get a good 7 foot loaded twin pumper for $8k... I would buy one in a minute, In fact I am about 99% sure i will buy a couple truckloads of them for next season...

it appears someone just got out of a sales training class lol

I am not familiar with that brand since they are only in Tennessee, They might be a descent brand, I checked out their site. Factory Direct... Most spas are factory direct, MIne are, D1, Clearwater,....The price they show as MSRP holy smokes....12,995.00, and you can get it for 8995.00 thats one heck of a markup....I know the brands i carry use the proper nylon lines. The statement that they have been around a long time 20 years is great, so they must be doing a great job. But being in business longer than 95% is a little off, Jacuzzi, D1, Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, Clearwater, Beachcomber, Cal Spas, to name just a few have been around longer.....and there are more...Warranty is par to many brands out there,, And the cabinets statements one of the best in the industry. Just a question how do you know they are one of the best,,,,,it may have a great cabinet like a lot of other brands,,,,i am not slamming you on the question. i am just trying to understand the comment. Again the spa line may be a very good line. But the pricing they have seems high compared to some others like D1, Sundance , Jacuzzi, Clearwater, Marquis....I would look at some other brands in the area besides the ones you have looked at.. just to get a comparison on the products, the dealerships, the salesman, the service,,, use all these to make your decision....good luck

The reason you hand glue the joints is they last for ever and the reason you use nylon wound pressure house is because it lasts forever... The only reason you use cheap vinyl tube and clamped barbed fittings is it cuts your cost down by hundreds of dollars per spa... The cheap spas all have one thing in common... vinyl tube clamped plumbing... Strong, Dynasty, premium leisure, Pinnacle etc etc etc...

And yes there are a lot of great spas out there that have been around for 20+ years but there are over 300 manufacturers out there and only about 10 that I can think of that can top the 20 year mark... The infinity cabinet is a great cabinet... expensive though... and yes there are some other good ones but a lot of the cabinets no are brittle, cheaper plastic...

And you are dead right Spa Guy, any company that has survived 20+ years in this shark pool is doing something right.

As for the sales training class i just got out of... Its called the school of hard knocks... earned by 20 + continuous years of building, designing, costing, selling, and fixing Hot Tubs. I may not know much in this big old world but i know way way too much about this industry.

The reason you hand glue the joints is they last for ever and the reason you use nylon wound pressure house is because it lasts forever... The only reason you use cheap vinyl tube and clamped barbed fittings is it cuts your cost down by hundreds of dollars per spa... The cheap spas all have one thing in common... vinyl tube clamped plumbing... Strong, Dynasty, premium leisure, Pinnacle etc etc etc...

And yes there are a lot of great spas out there that have been around for 20+ years but there are over 300 manufacturers out there and only about 10 that I can think of that can top the 20 year mark... The infinity cabinet is a great cabinet... expensive though... and yes there are some other good ones but a lot of the cabinets no are brittle, cheaper plastic...

And you are dead right Spa Guy, any company that has survived 20+ years in this shark pool is doing something right.

As for the sales training class i just got out of... Its called the school of hard knocks... earned by 20 + continuous years of building, designing, costing, selling, and fixing Hot Tubs. I may not know much in this big old world but i know way way too much about this industry.

We repair thousands of glue failures...it dires up and cracks over time, you have never run into glue failures in 20 yearss??? the nylon is great, clearwater tried it, but after several issues with a fluctuation in the size (ie to big) and having leak issues, they ditched it, along with a few other companies. This does not make either company bad for using or not using it. The cheap companies also use baboa systems, does that make every other tub that uses them bad? Clearwater has been in business going on 40 years.....as with the other "premimum lines" i was not knocking four winds, never have seen one up close, but you should not generalize about every other company, i think that was a few peoples point.

I think as Spy guy said, you not only look at a line that been around awhile, you really need to look into the dealer you are purchasing from. Customer service is huge in hot tub ownership. Without customer service, you could have the worlds best hot tub and not be happy.

Man the local guy is absolutely key.

But I totally disagree with the pipe issue... I have been on the ground fixing spas for too long and there is simply no comparison to the quality of a good nylon wound flex hose with hand glued fittings... any reference to the bad size issue is down to going to an off brand or referring to a one off event that happened with waterways ages ago. Also it was only applicable when we used to interior glue the pipe into the fitting... Not done much anymore the pipe is glued on the outside of the fitting nowadays :blink:

As for never repairing leaks on a glued system... sure I have... the odd joint here and there that dried and cracked but that is because of chemical contamination or bad plumbing work... done right glued joints are much much better...

The reason to go to vinyl tubes with clamps is for two cost savings measures... 1 The cost of the pipe is cheaper 2 the cost of assembly is way way cheaper... you dont need a quality plumber you need any snot nosed high school kid with a speed clamp and because of the flexibility of the cheap pipe you can plumb on a workbench and then install the assembled plumbed system into he spa, saves hours of time and hundreds of dollars in labor because you dont need t pay a high wage to a good plumber.

When we built for Costco the first thing we did was go to this plumbing and cut the plumbing cost down by hundreds per spa and sped up the production by hours per spa, we also cut the guarantee down by years... you are speaking from inference on this one mate, i have been here and done it and am happy to do it for the mass merchants but would never sell it in my home market where my wife shops and my kids g to school...

• 4 years later...

Four Winds Spas have come a long way in the last few years. I used to work for a dealer that has sold them for many years. In the last few years they have vastly improved the look, feel, quality and are likely one of the best kept secrets in the industry. I loved selling them and customer's really loved them... don't recall ever having a serious issue.