Need Wiring Help With Older Jetsetter

hoosays

Hi, i have a Jetsetter spa (older), just bought used. The serial number is J-201506, I am having a bit of trouble wiring a new blower pump into it as when i bought the old one had been removed. I have no idea what year this spa is if someone could help. Could someone help me as to how to find out which wire is hot and which is common on this particular spa. I have no wiring diagram or anything. I previously hooked the white as common and the pump is overheating so not sure if it is opposite. Please help? thanks so much.

Hi, i have a Jetsetter spa (older), just bought used. The serial number is J-201506, I am having a bit of trouble wiring a new blower pump into it as when i bought the old one had been removed. I have no idea what year this spa is if someone could help. Could someone help me as to how to find out which wire is hot and which is common on this particular spa. I have no wiring diagram or anything. I previously hooked the white as common and the pump is overheating so not sure if it is opposite. Please help? thanks so much.

1990 Jetsetter. There is no wiring diagram on the new pump ?

Is the new pump a 110v/220 volt convertible? It needs to be hooked up 110volt if so.

Is the new pump a 110v/220 volt convertible? It needs to be hooked up 110volt if so.

no, it's just a 110v pump, there is a diagram on the pump itself but on the actual wire from the spa I am not sure which color is common and which is hot.

no, it's just a 110v pump, there is a diagram on the pump itself but on the actual wire from the spa I am not sure which color is common and which is hot.

Use a multimeter and take one probe, put it on one wire and place it on the common of another known wiring configuration ( circ pump, for instance ) If it shows up with 110, then you know you have the hot.

Use a multimeter and take one probe, put it on one wire and place it on the common of another known wiring configuration ( circ pump, for instance ) If it shows up with 110, then you know you have the hot.

Great, what would actually happen if I hooked it up reversed?

ok i found out that black is indeed hot. now i have 3 terminals: line, low speed, and high speed. I am assuming that the white goes to "line" and black goes to "high speed", please correct me if i am wrong. thanks for your help as i am a single mom and have got to get this thing fixed by myself.

ok i found out that black is indeed hot. now i have 3 terminals: line, low speed, and high speed. I am assuming that the white goes to "line" and black goes to "high speed", please correct me if i am wrong. thanks for your help as i am a single mom and have got to get this thing fixed by myself.

Are you sure this is not a convertible pump?

Next to volts on the new motor, does it say 110/220V?

Are you sure this is not a convertible pump?

Next to volts on the new motor, does it say 110/220V?

That's what I'm thinking - Low speed 110v, high speed 220v

No, its 110v, but my spa originally had a 1 hp and this one is a 1.5 hp, would that cause an overheating problem? Did. I wire it correctly as I explained in my earlier post, it is 2 speed but I will only be using one speed.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't have a 2 speed 110v unit. A two speed blower would have four wires coming in : Black, White, Red, and your ground

My sovereign doesn't have a blower motor so I can't determine, but on regular pumps the wiring configuration is as just listed.

How many connections are there are the blower motor? Pics?

No, its 110v, but my spa originally had a 1 hp and this one is a 1.5 hp, would that cause an overheating problem? Did. I wire it correctly as I explained in my earlier post, it is 2 speed but I will only be using one speed.

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't have a 2 speed 110v unit. A two speed blower would have four wires coming in : Black, White, Red, and your ground

My sovereign doesn't have a blower motor so I can't determine, but on regular pumps the wiring configuration is as just listed.

No, it's a jet pump. Is there any terminal that says Comm or Neutral?

No, it's a jet pump. Is there any terminal that says Comm or Neutral?

Ah, I read " blower pump " so naturally I guessed air blower motor