Defective Waterway Spa Jets

I had the same problem with my jets as so many have had. The jets get chalky and pop out after 3 1/2 years of age. I did maintain my chemicals. I found 20 customers here on this forum with the same issue, and 50 at another site that had the same storm model but made for Cal Spa. The manufacturer used two incompatible plastics in making the jet, but they now use just one plastic. The company, Waterway in Oxnard, CA has offered various explanations to dealers, but denies responsibility to the public. I could find no small claims in Ventura County. I took them to small claims in the City of Riverside, CA last week and got a judgement for $299 to replace all of my jets. The bodies were just fine. You can site case Bera vs Waterway Plastics Inc, case #RIS195433. From the time you become aware of the problem, you have a two year statute in Calif for product liability.

I had the same problem with my jets as so many have had. The jets get chalky and pop out after 3 1/2 years of age. I did maintain my chemicals. I found 20 customers here on this forum with the same issue, and 50 at another site that had the same storm model but made for Cal Spa. The manufacturer used two incompatible plastics in making the jet, but they now use just one plastic. The company, Waterway in Oxnard, CA has offered various explanations to dealers, but denies responsibility to the public. I could find no small claims in Ventura County. I took them to small claims in the City of Riverside, CA last week and got a judgement for $299 to replace all of my jets. The bodies were just fine. You can site case Bera vs Waterway Plastics Inc, case #RIS195433. From the time you become aware of the problem, you have a two year statute in Calif for product liability.

Btw, For you guys who have that problem you can just replace the backs on those jets.. waterway calls the part a diffuser.

cost about 7 bucks per jet compared to 25 a jet.

I thought I would be better off to replace the entire jet. I paid an average of $13 for 2 in, 3 in and 5in diameter jets. I think you are right about just replacing the backs, but I didn't know that at the time. Waterway was not at all informative.