2004 Sundance Altamar - $3800 Delivered

synapse8888

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/1013984549.html

I was considering $8400 for a 2008 Majesta that is a floor model and has had water in it for who knows how long...so I was thinking this might be a good alternative. What do you guys think? What all do I need to check for? Warranty status? Is the price good?

Thanks for any info

I tend to feel that 1/3 of new for a used spa this age is good, but the extras including the free delivery may make this a good deal. Make sure you like the Altamar as it does have a lounge, but it is a very poplular model. There will be no factory warranty on this spa. I like it if it is in good running condition at $3000-$3500, but you may feel $3800 is worth it.

A couple of things to consider. It looks like a redwood cabinet which I like but others may want the plastic. The cover is at least four years old, so it may be getting a little heavy and need replacing in one to three years. The headrests need replacing every few years, so check them out. They cost a couple of hundred for the set. This spa uses one pleated filter and comes with two, so the owner has a spare to swap out every month. These, too, have a limited life and probably need replacing every three to four years.