N 2 Stick And Bromine?

Soonerdal

Ok, I just read that you do not use the n2 stick with bromine, correct? I have been using the n2 stick and non chlorine shock and the bromide tablets. That is what the guy who set up my spa said to do. Today it was really murky looking, ph and alkaline testing normal. I did not use it yesterday, but the day before it was crystal clear.

I was dying to use it today as it is 20 degrees and snow, so I got in after I shocked it and added 2 bromide tablets in the floater. Then after 5 minutes got really freaked about by being in there and it being murkey. Now I am reading my 4 step guide to clear water and it says to add chlorine granules each week, not bromine tabs.

Is that what I should do? I do have an oxenator also. I am very new at this.

Well the water looks nice and clear this morning. I am halfway wondering if I thought it was murky last night, being it was about 12 degrees and dark. The fog coming off the tub may have made it look murky, but it did have a smell last night. But I am going with my gut and using diclor instead of the bromide tabs. Feel free to leave any comments.

Nature 2 and bromine do not get along. If you want a mineral stick to use with bromine, you have to use the frog.

Now that you have added bromine to the tub, it is a bromine based tub even if you stop using bromine. Everytime tou shock the tub with MPS or chlorine, you re-establish the bromine in the tub. You have to do a water change to remove the bromine. I would take the Nsture 2 out and speak with your dealer about checking on what chemicals go with what before you have more water chemistry issues or worse yet, a bad rash.

Nature 2 and bromine do not get along. If you want a mineral stick to use with bromine, you have to use the frog.

Now that you have added bromine to the tub, it is a bromine based tub even if you stop using bromine. Everytime tou shock the tub with MPS or chlorine, you re-establish the bromine in the tub. You have to do a water change to remove the bromine. I would take the Nsture 2 out and speak with your dealer about checking on what chemicals go with what before you have more water chemistry issues or worse yet, a bad rash.

Thanks, I am set to go with bromide