Need Help

four4reel

Any advise will help?

I'm buying a home with a inground pool, It had been resurfaced with fiberglass over concrete years ago and appears to be hold up. It also looks like it could had been maybe been painted or expoxied not so long ago, who knows now since this home has had a few owners with in the past ten years? Now the tile needs replaced and I would like to change the color of the pool since it is white. No power has been on the pool for 5 months or so, so the pool is green but has a built in hot tub that is empty and appears like they were starting to replace the tile.

Being new to owning a pool and looking on line, and very talented in all aspects of construction. It appears that coating the pool with something like a epoxy might be the choice and if so, when the tile is replaced, it appears that it will pretrude outward and need to be feather a long the pool wall and is how it is now from who ever done this before

I dont mess with many fiberglass pools so....Just some thoughts:

The tile ive seen in fiberglass had an indention that it was put into. If it has been retiled in the past maybe they didnt get all the grout out.

If its really fiberglass over concrete you may have other issues as concrete and fiberglass contract and expand at different rates and different temperatures. I havent seen this personally, but supposedly the two dont stay bonded together well.