Adding Calcium And Stain & Scale After Refill

BlueSpa

Well with temperatures nearing 50 degrees today it's time to drain and refill!!

I seem to remember reading a post that recommended a particular order for adding the chemicals, particularly the Calcium and Stain & Scale stuff but am unable to locate the specifics so any recommendations would be appreciated.

The spa manufacturer says to add the Stain & Scale once the spa has 4" of water in it, then wait to balance till it's full and the water temperature is at least 80 degrees.

I need to add about 8oz of Calcium and about 6 oz of Sodium Bicarb, and will have the jets bubbling to raise the pH.

Then, I guess I'll add the N2 cartridge and superchlorinate since the N2 instructions say to wait till the water is balanced before adding the cartridge (would like to add the cartridge along with a clean filter while the spa is filling but guess I'll wait)

Suggestions???

Thanks!

Barb

UPDATE -

Refill done - but haven't done any balancing yet - I'm wondering now why I'd even want to add Stain & Scale if I'm also using an N2 cartridge - won't I just be removing the metal ions that I'm adding with the cartridge?????

Any harm to add the cartridge BEFORE the water is balanced???? (our pH is low, TA is low and CH is none prior to treatment)