Jacuzzi J-365 Vs Sundance Majesta

synapse8888

I was quoted $6700 for the J-365 (with delivery,cover,starter chemicals, steps, no ozonator) and $8400 for the Majesta (Delivery,cover,starter chemicals,steps, uv ozonator). Both are floor models. The Majesta is wet but the J-365 has never seen water.

I have tested both twice. The main thing I didn't like about the J-365 was when either diverter is in the middle, so both seats can get power, there isn't much push from the jets. It just felt underpowered. But I do like the colors on the 365 more than the Majesta, and a solo soak has plenty of power. And both dealers seem pretty good.

What do you guys think? Sundance vs Jacuzzi in general? they seem to have the same warranties and similar build quality

Thanks for any info

They are both good quality spas, Sundance and Jacuzzi share thier enginneering and parts as they are owned by the same company.

But, the J-365 is in a lower line than the Majesta. It would be more compareable to a Sundance 780 series spa, as the majesta is top of line 880 series...

Check out the 400 series in the Jacuzzi, to compare it to the 880 sundance.

Either way, You should be happy with the quality.

They are both good quality spas, Sundance and Jacuzzi share thier enginneering and parts as they are owned by the same company.

But, the J-365 is in a lower line than the Majesta. It would be more compareable to a Sundance 780 series spa, as the majesta is top of line 880 series...

Check out the 400 series in the Jacuzzi, to compare it to the 880 sundance.

Either way, You should be happy with the quality.

I completely agree here. Both spas same quality however the Majesta compares with the 400 series Jacuzzi. Electronics, filtering, etc are all upgraded on top of line series. 400 Jacuzzi and 880 Sundance will have many of the exact same parts (and same colors) as will 300 Jacuzzi and 780 Sundance spas.

Ok, so the J-365 is actually $7800 and it comes with stairs, ozonator, stainless jets, and chemicals. The Majestic comes with the same stuff, except it includes some sort of cover caddy thing, and its $8400.

Can anyone compare the filtration systems of these two tubs? Seems like Sundace's is superior (between those two lines at least). Any differences in warranties, energy efficiency or reliability between these lines (all seem the same to me)?

Ok, so the J-365 is actually $7800 and it comes with stairs, ozonator, stainless jets, and chemicals. The Majestic comes with the same stuff, except it includes some sort of cover caddy thing, and its $8400.

Can anyone compare the filtration systems of these two tubs? Seems like Sundace's is superior (between those two lines at least). Any differences in warranties, energy efficiency or reliability between these lines (all seem the same to me)?

I'd ignore the talk of Sundance's filter system being better (in reality I'm not a fan of their micron filters, they'll cost you extra $$ with no real benefit IMO) and you can consider their energy efficiency and reliability to be equal (heck, they're made on the same production line, same parent company). I assume the warranties are pretty much the same as well.

The cover caddy on the Sundance is worth about $200 and you really DO want a cover lifter of some kind on whichever one you get so I'd ask the Jacuzzi guy to factor one into his price so you can compare the prices, apples to apples.

At that point the prices seem close enough to the point that I'd say you should to get the one you TRULY prefer (assuming both dealers seem like they're the kind you want to do business with, that matters).

The 880 series Sundance (and 400 series Jacuzzi) use a high flow circ pump to filter which handles all of the filtration. The filter itself isn't what makes it more expensive. The next line down uses a low flow circ pump along with one of the therapy pumps. Completely different design and older technology.

The biggest difference is in the controller. The electronics on the top of the line SD/Jacuzzi spas is far superior and expensive than the next line down.

Quality, energy efficiency and reliability should be exactly the same.

IMO, for $600, you are getting a whole lot more spa. You're really comparing apples to oranges between these two.

Also, check to see if the Majesta comes with a factory ozonator. Sundance spas don't come with UV ozonators. They do have two CD models. They would be labeled either SunZone or Spa Necessities (same as Jacuzzi).

IMO, for $600, you are getting a whole lot more spa. You're really comparing apples to oranges between these two.

That's where I'm at on this too. If I wasn't so-so on the colors I'd have bought it already. The circ cump, controls and therapy are superior though, so I think I'm going to get it. the other big negative is you lose a seat for the cool down seat...so you only have three real/full seats in the tub instead of 4.

I might see how much more it'll be to order a 09 though...anyone know any differences between the 08s and 09s? The sales guy didn't know anything...

So do I need a cover caddy and/or a lifter? I like the idea of a lifter, but i don't want this huge thing (cover) popping up on the side of the rub.

That's where I'm at on this too. If I wasn't so-so on the colors I'd have bought it already. The circ cump, controls and therapy are superior though, so I think I'm going to get it. the other big negative is you lose a seat for the cool down seat...so you only have three real/full seats in the tub instead of 4.

I might see how much more it'll be to order a 09 though...anyone know any differences between the 08s and 09s? The sales guy didn't know anything...

So do I need a cover caddy and/or a lifter? I like the idea of a lifter, but i don't want this huge thing (cover) popping up on the side of the rub.

Lots of changes to the 09 top of the line Sundance spas. There is a link on one of the forums to the changes. If I can find it I will post it here.