Sundance.... Is This Right?

Matt87109

I looked at a 08 Sundance 880 series Marin tonight and was very surprised. Having heard over and over again how great Sundance is I was surprised to find out this 9k tube had less than half an inch thick of insulation sprayed on the under side of the shell and that was it! I thought these things were suppose to be full foam? Also the bottom was just wood as opposed to some sort of abs pan. We took the paneling off the motor side and you could see clear down either side........ just thin insulation. Looked EXACTLY like my costco tub that I sent back except the costco tub had more insulation! The beachcomber 360 (cheaper series) I looked at last week was nicer!.... at least from the appearance on construction, not features. What am I missing?

Also the sticker on the inside of the filter area said October 07. Is this an 08 or 07?

Thanks for any input...... just kind of surprised as I had held Sundance in such high regard due to this forum and then it looks pretty run of the mill when I get to see the guts. I guess the argument could be the components are better but I don't get it???

I looked at a 08 Sundance 880 series Marin tonight and was very surprised. Having heard over and over again how great Sundance is I was surprised to find out this 9k tube had less than half an inch thick of insulation sprayed on the under side of the shell and that was it! I thought these things were suppose to be full foam? Also the bottom was just wood as opposed to some sort of abs pan. We took the paneling off the motor side and you could see clear down either side........ just thin insulation. Looked EXACTLY like my costco tub that I sent back except the costco tub had more insulation! The beachcomber 360 (cheaper series) I looked at last week was nicer!.... at least from the appearance on construction, not features. What am I missing?

Also the sticker on the inside of the filter area said October 07. Is this an 08 or 07?

Thanks for any input...... just kind of surprised as I had held Sundance in such high regard due to this forum and then it looks pretty run of the mill when I get to see the guts. I guess the argument could be the components are better but I don't get it???

All sundance spas are full foam and have an abs bottom pan, I don't know what that guy was showing you... but something is not right.

Btw, All spas are only coated on the shell in the equipment bay.

All sundance spas are full foam and have an abs bottom pan, I don't know what that guy was showing you... but something is not right.

Btw, All spas are only coated on the shell in the equipment bay.

It was a Marin all right as I've researched it well online. I could see the side with the panels as well has half way down both of the adjacent sides.... hardly any insulation.

Do they have a "cheap it down" option for the dealers?