Watkins Oem Replacement Filter (or Equavalent)

Nat

I am looking for a replacement spa filter. I have a Watkins Tiger River Bengal spa (Watkins makes Hot Springs, as well). About a year ago I bought an aftermarket filter, a Pleatco PWK 45-N (the replacement listed for my spa), because it was about half the cost of a filter from the Hot Springs dealer. The information describing the Pleatco I bought said basically, "the same as the OEM filter". Well, within 30 seconds of running the spa with my new Pleatco, my wife and I noticed that the force of the water from the jets was way noticeably lower. It was unacceptable. The Pleatco has more holes in the inner plastic tube, but they are smaller than on the Watkins filter.

Do any of you know where I can buy an acceptable filter (either the real OEM one, or one just as good) and not pay dealer prices? The dealer wants $70 for the filter. The filter in the tub says on it "Watkins 31114", its a 65 square feet filter.

Thanks.

--Nate

I just looked online again. It appears I am getting two different Pleatco numbers as the replacement for the Watkins 31114 filter. One is the Pleatco PWK 45-N (which is the one I tried last year and found unacceptable) and the other is Pleatco PWK 65. One site claims the 45-N is a 65 square foot filter, another site says its a 45 square foot filter. Maybe I should be using the Pleatco PWK 65. Anyone know? I am truely confused now!

At this point I think I may just stop by the Hot Springs dealer and pay $70 for the Watkins filter.

Thanks.

--Nate

I just looked online again. It appears I am getting two different Pleatco numbers as the replacement for the Watkins 31114 filter. One is the Pleatco PWK 45-N (which is the one I tried last year and found unacceptable) and the other is Pleatco PWK 65. One site claims the 45-N is a 65 square foot filter, another site says its a 45 square foot filter. Maybe I should be using the Pleatco PWK 65. Anyone know? I am truely confused now!

At this point I think I may just stop by the Hot Springs dealer and pay $70 for the Watkins filter.

Thanks.

--Nate

These folks carry the HS filters at decent prices:

http://www.backyardplus.com/filter-replacements.php

Nat,

It would stand to reason that the filter you tried last year (the PWK 45-N) is indeed a 45' filter. If you decide to try the Pleatco PWK 65 please let us know how it works out.

Good luck

On edit; on this web site I found this picture;

Click >http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/b...64_2036_9843933

On the package they list it as a 65' filter. I bet it is the one you are looking for.