New Owner Of A Masterspa H2x Crosstrainer

Skrider

OK , I guess it’s time for a formal introduction since I have been Lurking since August

I found this forum after I put a deposit on a new Swim spa… duh I know, how silly of me :wacko: . So I was some what concerned when I read the overall opinion of MasterSpa on this site; well the deal was done so hope for the best. This was late August, so time to remove the old deck and do some much needed repair of rot in the sill, wall and door jam.

Construction stated in late October on the pad and new deck, the H2X Crosstrainer arrived in mid November, but my wife was away on an extended business trip and I was going to meet her for Thanksgiving so we put off set up. Well the tub has been up and running over 3 weeks now and so far, first impressions are good (of course I have not seen an electric bill yet).

I was happy to see all the insulation on the inside while we were setting it up. The tub and all tubes are coated in spray foam and the panels have a foil lined rigid insulation. With the help of this forum and the Dealer I have not had a water calamity yet and seems to be going ok. :rolleyes:

Use has been limited due to weather and time but I am enjoying the swim part of this spa, it is a heck of a work out. The seats and jets are also nice just to relax and enjoy the night and company of friends. These past few days have been the first real test and it passed; even my opinionated friends who are now happy they will not come home to me in their Hot-tub anymore.

This is an outdoor setup in Massachusetts, the spa is 14’7” x 8’

Congrats on your new spa! You must have the biggest spa in the state of Mass.. If you have a good dealer I am sure you will be fine. No sence in being a Monday morning quarterback.

I hope you take the time to come back and tell us how much you figure that spa costs per month. I am curious on what that big spa would cost up in the northeast. What temp do you keep it at?

Congrats on your new spa! You must have the biggest spa in the state of Mass.. If you have a good dealer I am sure you will be fine. No sence in being a Monday morning quarterback.

I hope you take the time to come back and tell us how much you figure that spa costs per month. I am curious on what that big spa would cost up in the northeast. What temp do you keep it at?

So far I think I did get lucky as far as the dealer goes, everyone there has been good to work with. They also built the deck which I am very happy with.

If I'm not expecting company I'm setting the temp around 97 -99 so far that seems ok to hop in and swim for a few minutes and take a break and swim again. I hope to lower that as the temps go up and so does my ability to swim longer. If I think it will just be a soaking session I set for about 101.

This weekend I noticed the filter was running 4 hour sessions so I dropped that back to 2 hours this morning.

The only problem was my doing. I had not clipped it shut and at 5 AM Christmas we were awoken to a huge thump against the house. My first thought was *$&%^ Santa just ran into the Chimminy we just had re-done and made taller. No it was both covers being lifted right off the tub and tossed against the house.

So far I think I did get lucky as far as the dealer goes, everyone there has been good to work with. They also built the deck which I am very happy with.

If I'm not expecting company I'm setting the temp around 97 -99 so far that seems ok to hop in and swim for a few minutes and take a break and swim again. I hope to lower that as the temps go up and so does my ability to swim longer. If I think it will just be a soaking session I set for about 101.

This weekend I noticed the filter was running 4 hour sessions so I dropped that back to 2 hours this morning.

The only problem was my doing. I had not clipped it shut and at 5 AM Christmas we were awoken to a huge thump against the house. My first thought was *$&%^ Santa just ran into the Chimminy we just had re-done and made taller. No it was both covers being lifted right off the tub and tossed against the house.

I have no experiance in using swim spas. Do you use the spa at 97-99 to use it as a swim spa? Thats interesting because out at the spa show most of the swim spa guys were saying that they dont cost that much to run because the people who use them keep them at 80 degrees to use for a workout. That sounded awfull cold to me being a hot tub guy.. I also felt it would take a long time to try to heat a huge tub from 80 degrees everytime you wanted to take a soak.

Your comments seem more realistic to me.

I can see a new Santa Clause theme movie here, He doesnt die falling off the roof, Santa gets nailed by a huge spa cover and whoever is in the hot tub is now the man!!

I can see a new Santa Clause theme movie here, He doesnt die falling off the roof, Santa gets nailed by a huge spa cover and whoever is in the hot tub is now the man!!

LOL :P ... or Dancer gets knocked on the head and my horse ends up as a stand-in:

Cropped_P1010019.jpg

For the Spa, I'm assuming as I get my wind built up and start swimming more I will drop the temp, but right now it is a novelty that we are enjoying.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the first electric bill arrived :o My usage was doubled from last December, up another 1000KW.

I saw tracks in the snow to the meter so I think they wanted to double check the electronic read.

This included startup around Dec 4th when it had to bring 2000 gallons from 45 to 102 degrees which took about a day and a half. Also I just discovered the Filter was set to 4hr twice a day; I dropped that to 2hrs since it is not getting heavy use right now. The temp is set for 98, I bump it up on weekends for soaking.

So we will see. We are both really enjoying it though, and that's what it is all about. Just have to make day trips for skiing this year :P