Sweetwater Code 355

starlifter

355 is the eprom rev. number, when you power up the spa you should see 888 then 355.

If it keeps restarting when the heater kicks in or your pumps turn on, the board is bad. most likely a blown cap. on the board.

you'll probally have to have service repair the board or replace it.

if it's a blown cap, is that something that can be replaced individually?

355 is the eprom rev. number, when you power up the spa you should see 888 then 355.

If it keeps restarting when the heater kicks in or your pumps turn on, the board is bad. most likely a blown cap. on the board.

Is that what the spa is doing, restarting constantly?

you can probally tell by looking at it if its bad. I think it is a 3300 mfd right above the trans plug on the board, the top will be domed and leaking.

Yes it can be repaired. But, if you don't know what a capacitor is or you don't have any experience in soldering pcbs, I would send it out to be repaired or have the board replaced.

Is that what the spa is doing, restarting constantly?

you can probally tell by looking at it if its bad. I think it is a 3300 mfd right above the trans plug on the board, the top will be domed and leaking.

Yes it can be repaired. But, if you don't know what a capacitor is or you don't have any experience in soldering pcbs, I would send it out to be repaired or have the board replaced.

i'll check it out tomorrow. I do have some electronics experience and I'm not bad with a soldering iron. hey, a capacitor is cheap. might be worth a shot. if i trash the board i'll still end up replacing it. Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,

first off, yes i'm an idiot. I decided to simply replace the circuit board and I thought I ordered the correct one but alas, no I didn't. I figure I'll have to bite the bullet and pay the restocking fee but I thought i'd check here first.

The correct board I need is the 6600-288, of course what I hooked up is the 6600-287. Everything is working great EXCEPT the #1 two-speed pump won't shut off. Is there any option with the jumpers? I thought perhaps for the time being I could just disconnect the leads for pump #1 but that just seemed to trigger pump #2 to stay on. I suspect the only solution is the proper board but hey, i'm open to suggestions!

Ok,

first off, yes i'm an idiot. I decided to simply replace the circuit board and I thought I ordered the correct one but alas, no I didn't. I figure I'll have to bite the bullet and pay the restocking fee but I thought i'd check here first.

The correct board I need is the 6600-288, of course what I hooked up is the 6600-287. Everything is working great EXCEPT the #1 two-speed pump won't shut off. Is there any option with the jumpers? I thought perhaps for the time being I could just disconnect the leads for pump #1 but that just seemed to trigger pump #2 to stay on. I suspect the only solution is the proper board but hey, i'm open to suggestions!

the 288 and the 287 boards should be identical, all you should have to do is change the eprom from the old board into the new one.

make sure you put it in there the right way. look for the little notch on the end of the chip.

btw. if your old board is older than 2001 I think? it may not work... but, if they look identical it will diffently work.