Rolachem Squize Hose- Where To Buy At Reasonable Price?

Scirocco

Hi,

Does anyone have a suggestion where to purchase the Rolachem squizze hose at a reasonable price?

I can't belive they want more than AU$20.00 for a 15cm rubber hose.

The meter probably costs a quarter of that.

Cheers

PS: I have a chlorine and an acid feeder and I'm going through 4 of these hose pieces each year.

• 1 month later...

The rolachem squeeze hose is a proprietary product. Whilst I can think of a dozen companies whose tubes may fit the tubes are more expensive. The rolachem tubes are actually very cheap for a chemical dosing pump part.

By the way rolachem have now been bought by Hurlcon, depending on when you last purchased the product the pricing may have changed.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

there are alternatives to the genuine Rolachem peristaltic pump squeeze tubes. Rolachem use a clear Tygon tube for the the chlorine and a black Butyl tube for the acid side. You can use the Butyl for the chlorine side as well - it lasts longer, but you can not use the Tygon tube on the acid side.

The dimensions for the tubes are:

Length = 250mm

Bore = 6.4mm

Wall = 3.2mm

A superior and much longer lasting product is Marprene. It is made by Watson Marlow, a global pump and tubing manufacturer. Marprene is a thermoplastic elastomer and is completely compatible with hydrochloric acid and sodium hypochlorite.

The Australian agent is in Wetherill Park in NSW [they also have a branch in Brisbane]. Phone - 02 9725 2733. They do mail order.

Their web site: www.stauffpumps.com and www.watson-marlow.com and www.bredel.com

The tubing is only available by the metre and then only in a minimum if 3 metres. It costs $57 a metre + GST.

The part number for Marprene tubing as per the above dimensions is: 902.0064.032

So you can work it. Yes you have to pay more up front, but I was also finding I was having to replace the "genuine" tubes at least twice a year, and I regularly lubricate the tubes!

I have found the marprene to outlast the tygon and butly by at least double if not more.

Another of their web sites is: www.pumpsil.com. That lists all their tubings, applications, chemical compatabiliity. There are in fact more expensive tubing available from them - silicone, which sells for $64.70 + GST a metre. And then they sell Tygon if you wish at $31 + GST a metre.

Any way, I found there service to be very good and their product to be superior - by far

Now if someone could tell me where to get cheap ORP and PH probes to suit the Rolachems.......... :)