My Plan For Initial Chems When My Tub Arrives

pg_rider

Doing a lot of research while waiting for my tub to arrive, particularly on how to maintain the water. I think I have an approach figured out but wanted some opinions/advice, especially after seeing the complex routines some folks have posted!

I should start by saying that I just had the water from my outdoor tap checked and it seemed to be spot-on with respect to pH, hardness, and alkalinity (thank god!). Also, my tub is a Sundance Optima and I plan to run the circ pump and ozonator 24/7.

I plan on filling the tub and, once full, test my pH/alk/hardness levels. Assuming they're still good, I'll add a pH anchor. Then, I plan to add a couple teaspoons of dichlor (or, enough to get me to 3-5ppm). From there on I plan to use dichlor after every use a la the "Vermonter method", and a weekly MPS shock (unless it's better to use dichlor to shock).

Is that it? Am I missing anything? I've read some guides that recommend adding stain and scale control and enzyme cleaner at startup as well as on a regular basis. Should I? My desire is to use the least amount of chems as possible (not to save money, but rather to avoid bathing in chemical stew!).

Appreciate any advice!!!

Doing a lot of research while waiting for my tub to arrive, particularly on how to maintain the water. I think I have an approach figured out but wanted some opinions/advice, especially after seeing the complex routines some folks have posted!

I should start by saying that I just had the water from my outdoor tap checked and it seemed to be spot-on with respect to pH, hardness, and alkalinity (thank god!). Also, my tub is a Sundance Optima and I plan to run the circ pump and ozonator 24/7.

I plan on filling the tub and, once full, test my pH/alk/hardness levels. Assuming they're still good, I'll add a pH anchor. Then, I plan to add a couple teaspoons of dichlor (or, enough to get me to 3-5ppm). From there on I plan to use dichlor after every use a la the "Vermonter method", and a weekly MPS shock (unless it's better to use dichlor to shock).

Is that it? Am I missing anything? I've read some guides that recommend adding stain and scale control and enzyme cleaner at startup as well as on a regular basis. Should I? My desire is to use the least amount of chems as possible (not to save money, but rather to avoid bathing in chemical stew!).

Appreciate any advice!!!

Sounds like you're already too involved. Use a sequesterant upon start up but the ph "anchor" can be a mess on ozone. If you're using a vision stick keep it out 48 hours after you put in the sequesterant. Lay off the hardness....That is why you're putting in the sequesterant. Use enzyme weekly.