Cal Spa Reputation

berkesnd

Thanks again to all who helped on the 120/240 question. As I do more research, I am beginning to see a pattern of warranty problems with Calspa. I must say that in my previous house, I had a Calspa for over ten years and only had to perform routine maintanance. We loved that spa and that is the reason we are considering a new Calspa product. Can anyone shed some light on their current reputation? We are also considering the Marquis Retreat. Any thoughts?

If you enjoyed your Cal for that many years why would you want to change. Get another Cal with a similar mould and enjoy another 10 plus years. The benefits will be better jet configurations more efficient running tub, and lifetime warranty on the heater. Marquis makes a good product as well. But sometimes change isnt always better :D

If you enjoyed your Cal for that many years why would you want to change. Get another Cal with a similar mould and enjoy another 10 plus years. The benefits will be better jet configurations more efficient running tub, and lifetime warranty on the heater. Marquis makes a good product as well. But sometimes change isnt always better :D

Good points; however, we have talked to a couple of Calspa dealers in the area who have negative things to say about the factory outlet store that is close to us. If the dealers are bad mouthing each other and the facotry outlet, what does that say about the product and the service. Not to mention the high number of consumer complaints that we have noticed on-line. We like their models, but service is very important to us. We have not heard a great deal of negativity regarding Marquis or Coleman, both of these companies make a small spa that will fit our criteria. Any comments?

In metro Chicago, there are 2 CalSpa dealers. They are large, multi-location dealers who also sell Jacuzzi Sundance, and Marquis. One of the dealers only sells 2 units of the many that CalSpa manufactures. The other is not selling them any longer since they have jet problems and service issues that have damaged the dealer's reputation with their customers. In fact, they told me that jets are on indefinite backorder from CalSpa, which means the customers may never see them. I was interested in their Avalon series, but since I cannot buy one in a market of over 7MM people, I went in a different direction. Does this send a message to you that you may want to look elsewhere as well?

wet test. The cal seemed like a good comfy tub dry to me as well as a good deal. It was by far and away the worst tub I sat in. The seats were uncofortable and I floated out of everything. Not alot of power either for pbig numbers on paper. Add all that up with way toooooo many complaints and I ran as fast as I could. No cal spa here but let your back be the descision maker. remember to test atleast 3 to get a feel for comparison. Its like everyone here says, anything with warm water and jets will feel good in the 5 minutes you are there. I also would sometimes test a tub for a half hour in the store to see how I felt for longer periods of time.

Some points have been made. When dealers are bad mouthing each other its a bad reflection on the tub company bc these guys are going after the $$$ and not selling the tub on its features and obviously they dont know how to sell.

Next There is no more jet issue in the new tubs that was back in 02 and it was a waterways problem not Calspa. The whole Chicago dealer thing was addressed by Spaman in an earlier thread when dealers carry more than one line sometimes one company will offer more incentive to carry theirs over the other in terms of lower buying costs kickbacks and other things.

With the complaint issue its only common sense where Cal produces a hell of a lot more tubs then the mentioned companies so sure your going to find more complaints and most were dealer issues.

The fact is dont believe everything you read If you are that gullable to be swayed by a few distraught people

then you should do a lot more physical research in general. Here's an example both Ford & GM have had Multiple issues and recalls with there vehicles I dont see people piping up every 2 seconds with "hey dont buy that because I read on the net that......." Basically go with the tub that will fit you the best period