Used Hot Springs Grande Or Buy A New Tub?

utah

Hi,

I turned down the "free" LA Spa tub that you all advised me on last week. I hooked up a local hot tub refurbisher with the tub owner. Everyone happy but me. So I am still looking.

I was offered a 2 year old Hot Springs Grande with cover and lifter for $5k. It is in excellent condition and running. As you know, the warranty does not transfer.

I have also wet tested the Dimension One and the Catalina Brands. What I have learned from this is that I am less interested in therapy and am more interested in a tub for entertainment. I loved the look and features of the Catalina although it is clearly not as well built as the D1.

So here is my question. Go with a used Hot Springs Grandee for $5k or with a new quality built tub that has a warranty and some of the extra bells and whistles that I found fun.

If you think going with a new tub is the better route, what manufacturer would you recommend for a tub that seats 6-8 or more and has a built in stereo, LED lights, mister, waterfall and possibly a TV. Is the TV a definite no-no or would you consider it from a quality tub manufacturer.

Thanks all,

Doug

Personally, I would not pay 5K for a used spa. There are plenty of NEW spas on the market for that price range with a warranty. If you like the bells and whistles, than by all means buy what you want. You will use it more, and you won't think to your self down the road, "I wish I would've..."

Master Spas makes a nice stereo/TV spa, and so does Dynasty Spas and Cal Spas.

Hi,

I turned down the "free" LA Spa tub that you all advised me on last week. I hooked up a local hot tub refurbisher with the tub owner. Everyone happy but me. So I am still looking.

I was offered a 2 year old Hot Springs Grande with cover and lifter for $5k. It is in excellent condition and running. As you know, the warranty does not transfer.

I have also wet tested the Dimension One and the Catalina Brands. What I have learned from this is that I am less interested in therapy and am more interested in a tub for entertainment. I loved the look and features of the Catalina although it is clearly not as well built as the D1.

So here is my question. Go with a used Hot Springs Grandee for $5k or with a new quality built tub that has a warranty and some of the extra bells and whistles that I found fun.

If you think going with a new tub is the better route, what manufacturer would you recommend for a tub that seats 6-8 or more and has a built in stereo, LED lights, mister, waterfall and possibly a TV. Is the TV a definite no-no or would you consider it from a quality tub manufacturer.

Thanks all,

Doug

I would go with the slightly used Hotspring Grandee if you don't want a lounger. I love having a lounger in mine however that is just my preference. The Grandee sells for anywhere around 8-10k new. You can't get a decent spa of comparable size or quality for 5k. I would not have a TV in my spa and personally chose to not have a stereo in mine either. I think having television stereo equipment in the hot steamy spa environment is just asking for trouble. I seldom use the waterfall feature, however I enjoy the different colored lights in a spa. For 5k the Grandee is going to be hard to beat unless you can't live without a lounger.

Hi,

Thanks all,

Doug

The Hot Spring would last you for years. In fact, I would buy it over a Master any day! If you purchase a new one definitely stay away from the TV. I have a friend who is a Master Spa dealer and he said that they have a 100% faliure rate. The warranty is only one year is isn't covered by the spa manufacturer. If you purchase a new spa go with the Dimension One Nautilus with their stereo system. There is nothing on the market that is close to their sonic submersion system. Flat pannel speakers - the quality is unsurpassed. Don't buy expensive acrylics that cost as much as a quality spa. Beauty is barely skin deep.

Hot Springs is going to last a very very long time, So if you were to purchase a hot tub without warranty, you would definitely want a good quality Hot tub like Hot Springs. I think that's a good price for a 2 year old Hot Spring which by the way does retail between 8000.00 and 10000.00

Do you have Caldera, or sundance they also have god quality tubs with bells and whistles and good warranty.