Any Upcoming Events In Utah To Wet Test Tubs?

utah

Hi,

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this site. What has come thru loud and clear is the importance of the wet test and the equally unenthusiastic dealer support for scheduling these trials.

Does anyone know if there is an upcoming event in Salt Lake City or Park City were I could test out several brands of tubs at one time?

I'm looking for a larger tub. Fit 6-8 people and must be energy efficient and visually appealing. We rent out our home for several weeks in the winter to families on ski vacations. We'd like an easy to operate, energy efficient and comfortable tub. Any suggestions for the short list?

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know if there is an upcoming event in Salt Lake City or Park City were I could test out several brands of tubs at one time?
I don't know if testing at a home show or other similar event is a wise idea. First of all you will not have privacy, of course, and aside from the personal comfort aspects of it, this means that you may not really get a chance to try out the various jet settings and/or diverter settings in each seat.

This is very important because I have seen plenty of people do wet tests wherein they litterally 'wrote off' one or more seats as being worthless to them until I came over and either swapped out some jet nozzles, flipped a diverter, kicked a pump to a different speed, or pointed out an air adjustment they had overlooked.

I have also had folks tell me that another brand was much more potent - but I know from experience that overzealous jets can get old real fast once the tub is in your yard. In fact I have had those same people sit still and relax in front of a Moto Massage or even a simple trio of spin jets for a couple of minutes, and watched as they began to relax and realize that pounding is not what you want from every seat every time.

So go to any events you can find - but use them to get a feel for who is in your area and what they have to offer. But when it comes to the wet test, try to do it in a dealer's showroom and take your time.

If a dealer does not allow or encourage a wet test, call the manufacturer and politely ask where you can wet test their product. If they direct you to your local dealer as they should, simply say, "I tried there first but they will not let me wet test."

You'll be amazed at how fast you'll get a wet test arranged. Manufactures usually encourage wet tests.

I don't know if testing at a home show or other similar event is a wise idea. First of all you will not have privacy, of course, and aside from the personal comfort aspects of it, this means that you may not really get a chance to try out the various jet settings and/or diverter settings in each seat.

This is very important because I have seen plenty of people do wet tests wherein they litterally 'wrote off' one or more seats as being worthless to them until I came over and either swapped out some jet nozzles, flipped a diverter, kicked a pump to a different speed, or pointed out an air adjustment they had overlooked.

I have also had folks tell me that another brand was much more potent - but I know from experience that overzealous jets can get old real fast once the tub is in your yard. In fact I have had those same people sit still and relax in front of a Moto Massage or even a simple trio of spin jets for a couple of minutes, and watched as they began to relax and realize that pounding is not what you want from every seat every time.

So go to any events you can find - but use them to get a feel for who is in your area and what they have to offer. But when it comes to the wet test, try to do it in a dealer's showroom and take your time.

If a dealer does not allow or encourage a wet test, call the manufacturer and politely ask where you can wet test their product. If they direct you to your local dealer as they should, simply say, "I tried there first but they will not let me wet test."

You'll be amazed at how fast you'll get a wet test arranged. Manufactures usually encourage wet tests.

Its best just to go to several dealers. If they won't let you wet test they shouldn't be in the business.

Its best just to go to several dealers.

I agree - in fact I hope I didn't sound like I was discouraging this in my post.

Hi,

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this site. What has come thru loud and clear is the importance of the wet test and the equally unenthusiastic dealer support for scheduling these trials.

I'm looking for a larger tub. Fit 6-8 people and must be energy efficient and visually appealing. We rent out our home for several weeks in the winter to families on ski vacations. We'd like an easy to operate, energy efficient and comfortable tub. Any suggestions for the short list?

Thanks for your help!

It is more important that you understand about spas before you go shopping, because as a rule consumers don't know much about hot tubs. They know more about quantum physics than hot tubs.

READ