Nature2 And Other Chemicals

Sid H

Hi,

I'm considering trying the N2 stick. My objective is to use a system with less chlorine, and possibly have a little bit of a sanitizer buffer if I slip up on dichlor levels. I have a 425 gallon Coast Radiance spa with an ozone generator. I plan to use the N2 with a lower level of dichlor, and a weekly MPS shock. This is what my spa dealer recommended.

Here is the rest of my question:

I also use two products from SpaBoss called Brightener and Prevent II. The Brightener is supposed to help the water look better. The Prevent II is marked as a stain/scale preventer and flocculant. The spa dealer said that when using the N2 stick, you don't really need the two SpaBoss chemicals. I wanted opinions about this from the group. I know some people use Sea Klear clarifier with N2. Are other water treatments needed with N2? If so, what should I use? Is there any possibility that the SpaBoss chemicals could harm the N2 cartridge?

Can using a system like this help extend drain invervals through the winter?

Also, how have the results been when using N2 and a small daily dose of dichlor? Maybe it's me, but somehow I feel that that the bit of chlorine may be a better way to go than trying to regulate the MPS level daily.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Sid

Nature 2 has worked well for people keeping a lower risdual of chlorine. With the ozone you should be able to keep the chlorine level at 1-2.

Issues with using chlorine after each use, di-chlor has CYA (stabilizer) and if you use the tub a lot your CYA level will increase. Once it gets to high, your chlorine starts to become ineffective.

Do not use metal removers at the same time as you put in the N2. If you add a metal remover, wait a day or 2, rinse the filters then add the N2.

Most chemicals get along with N2, aside from the metal removers, do not use any bromine products with N2, you can with the frog, but not with N2.

Other water treatments depends on your source water. Ph adjustors are also needed.

N2 only last 4 months, so trying to go over that period is not a good idea. 4 months is pushing for most people for a water change anyway, unless you do not use the tub much.

A good routine of filter cleaning is very important with the N2 system, as is being clean when you use the tub. If you use swimsuits, make sure to extra rinse them and do not wash them very often.

Nature 2 has worked well for people keeping a lower risdual of chlorine. With the ozone you should be able to keep the chlorine level at 1-2.

Issues with using chlorine after each use, di-chlor has CYA (stabilizer) and if you use the tub a lot your CYA level will increase. Once it gets to high, your chlorine starts to become ineffective.

Do not use metal removers at the same time as you put in the N2. If you add a metal remover, wait a day or 2, rinse the filters then add the N2.

Most chemicals get along with N2, aside from the metal removers, do not use any bromine products with N2, you can with the frog, but not with N2.

Other water treatments depends on your source water. Ph adjustors are also needed.

N2 only last 4 months, so trying to go over that period is not a good idea. 4 months is pushing for most people for a water change anyway, unless you do not use the tub much.

A good routine of filter cleaning is very important with the N2 system, as is being clean when you use the tub. If you use swimsuits, make sure to extra rinse them and do not wash them very often.

Would the Prevent II be considered a metal remover? I have been using Metal Gon when I fill the tub. If I am following you correctly, I should wait a couple of days after the fill to clean the filter and insert the stick? Thanks for the info. This forum has a lot of knowledge in it.

Stain and scale preventer is different than a metal remover so you should be ok. If metal gone or metal remover is used, than yes, you should wait at least 24 hours, rinse the filter then add the nature 2.