Advice On Cover Lifter

Vaughn

Hi all,

I'm looking for a cover lifter for our Jacuzzi J-365. We want the cover to sit low and to the side of the tub. On the Jacuzzi site they show a Covermate I and a Covermate III lifter (these both sit high when the cover is opened), but no Covermate II. Will the Covermate II fit a J-365? Is this a good quality lifter? Can anyone suggest another good quality lifter that will fit a J-365 and sit low when the cover is opened?

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm looking for a cover lifter for our Jacuzzi J-365. We want the cover to sit low and to the side of the tub. On the Jacuzzi site they show a Covermate I and a Covermate III lifter (these both sit high when the cover is opened), but no Covermate II. Will the Covermate II fit a J-365? Is this a good quality lifter? Can anyone suggest another good quality lifter that will fit a J-365 and sit low when the cover is opened?

Thanks

Covermate II lifts sit fairly low but still have a bit of the cover over the tub as shown here

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/cover-mate2.htm

There is a new one on the market that is almost flush but I forget the exact model number. I almost bought it but it would interfere with my wrap around steps and railings so it didn't work with my set up and I went with a model III

Arctic spas sells the new model so maybe one of the guys can chime in and let you know what model # etc...

Best of luck

Calvin

Will the covermate II fit pretty much every major spa? I want one when we get a spa, either the Covermate II or this new one you refer to, the low profile is so much better than the high ones.

I'm pretty sure they'll fit every major "square" hot tub that is 8' x 8' or the other "standard" measurements. If your tub is irregular you will need something specific for the tub. Whom ever your buying the tub from will let you know for sure.

Cheers

Calvin

Will the covermate II fit pretty much every major spa?

Any spa up to 8' wide (width is all that matters. Shape, square or rectangular, is completely irrelevant). Out of the box, the minimum spa size it will fit is 6', but can be easily altered to fit down to 5'. Spa's corners can be radiused up to 10" or be diagonal cut up to 14". If greater than this, the undermount brackets can be used, turned outward, and bolted down to the deck or concrete (hey, it's been done).

Thanks. The dealer we went to had some covers that had a design on the inside so when it was folded up you were looking at something (hawaiin beach image for example).....While it was a creative idea I found it a bit cheesy.....We will stick with something as low profile as possible.

One drawback to low profile, that the dealer pointed out, is that after a large snowstorm you may have to shovel out the area under where the low profile cover would rest to give it clearence....Worth it to me.

Covermate II is a great lift and will work with your J-365 (barely because you have an 11" radius). I would also take a look at the Understyle version that slips under the spa so you don't have to drill. The Cover Up is another "good quality" lift that fits what you're looking for. There are other lifts that match the type in terms of low-pivot/low-mount that brings the cover closest to the ground, but there's some junk out there you want to avoid. The steel ones will rust in about 18 months and I would definitely avoid those. You mentioned you wanted a quality lift so I would stick to the two I mentioned as they are generally considered to have good field life.

Arctic spas sells the new model so maybe one of the guys can chime in and let you know what model # etc...

There is an Arctic version for the Covermate I, as there are for Master, Sundance, Coleman, Marquis, Clearwater, Thermospas and others. The only difference in the OEM versions is the bracket as they are designed to accommodate the intricacies of the specific cabinets. For example, the Sundance version allows the CM1 to be mounted on any side of the spa and not block the access to the equipment cavity. Whereas we carry the Coleman and the Sundance OEM versions, most of the OEM versions are only available at a dealer that carries that brand. The reason is inventory. Leisure Concepts has about ten specialized CM1 and CM3 versions. Online retailers like ourselves don't move enough of most of the OEM models to stock them in the minimum case quantities. An Arctic dealer would sell enough to stock the Arctic version and that's why that's the best place to look for the Arctic specific CM1.

Probably more info than you were looking for, so I apologize.

Thanks. The dealer we went to had some covers that had a design on the inside so when it was folded up you were looking at something (hawaiin beach image for example)

That was probably a SpaScene. Definitely something that you either love or have no interest in IMHO.