Arctic Onzen?

SteelerPete

A question to all the Onzen users out there, I have had my tub 2 months now and in the last week I have noticed the bubble that comes out of the chamber in the tub doesn't have the cloud that follows anymore and the sanitizer levels have dropped right off even when I cranked up the cdXX level to 12 hours then up to 24 hours yesterday, has anyone had this problem? The water is still clear but I have been adding refresh to it more frequently to try and get a reading on the test strips. The dealer is telling me that the strips are getting bleached out but these are the same strips I was getting readings from before and there seems to be foam for the first time. The service dept. told me to wait until the water goes cloudy before getting it looked at which seems a little crazy because that means a water dump at 2 months when I was told that I can get 4 to 6 months with this system and it will cost me 75 dollars for Salt, water, and to heat the water after refill, but if they send out a tech and he doesn't find anything it's a 100 dollar labour fee, or 40 dollar trip fee if there is a problem, so any info would be great to save me some money. Could the Onzen owners please look at here chamber outlets and let me know if you are getting the little cloud that trails the bubble. Thanks,

Pete

Pete

For any questions your dealer can't handle, remember that Onzen Support is only a phone call or email away. Contact details on page 6 of your User Guide.

Tom

Pete

For any questions your dealer can't handle, remember that Onzen Support is only a phone call or email away. Contact details on page 6 of your User Guide.

Tom

Tom or anyone else that can answer.

I was going to ask a similiar question. I have the "Arctic Ozone" option but I see there is also a "Peak Ozone" and "Salt Water" option in the water treatment boxes on my order / invoice form.

What are the differences and which is better (if any)

Thanks I'm just getting up to speed with what I bought here... I have no idea what this Arctic Ozone does or how it works really just remember some blurb from the sales guy about less chemicals and cost etc...

Thanks

Calvin

The only time I have seen the "smoke" coming from my Onzen chamber was when I changed the time setting on it. I think it does a cycle when you change the setting but it normally released the ozone through the air bubbles so you can't see it. I'm not 100% on that as I am learning also. But I know mine must be working cause my water is clean and clear and I'm at the point where I am have stopped adding the Balance and PH up/down. All my number are good. Most of the time my chorine has a very low reading, but I think that is because I am reading my test strip before I add Refresh.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have learned and observed with my Arctic I have come up with this conclusion on Onzen/Refresh thing:

1. You put the Refresh in after you get out and it kills the bad stuff.

2. the Onzen keeps any left over bad stuff from growing while your not in your spa.

The only time I have seen the "smoke" coming from my Onzen chamber was when I changed the time setting on it. I think it does a cycle when you change the setting but it normally released the ozone through the air bubbles so you can't see it. I'm not 100% on that as I am learning also. But I know mine must be working cause my water is clean and clear and I'm at the point where I am have stopped adding the Balance and PH up/down. All my number are good. Most of the time my chorine has a very low reading, but I think that is because I am reading my test strip before I add Refresh.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have learned and observed with my Arctic I have come up with this conclusion on Onzen/Refresh thing:

1. You put the Refresh in after you get out and it kills the bad stuff.

2. the Onzen keeps any left over bad stuff from growing while your not in your spa.

What is not in that useless Onzen user guide is when you have the Onzen generator set full on which is all the way to the plus side for every 4 hours that you have it set to run the Onzen system runs only 3 1/2 hours. So if you have the Onzen generator set to operate for 8 hours every day it will run for the first 3 and 1/2 hours then shut down for a half an hour and then run again for another 3 and a half hours for a total of 7 not 8 hours. If the system is set to run for 12 hours then you are only getting 10 and a half hours of usage.

Got this information during one of my telephone calls to the Onzen support line.

Refresh is the oxidizer that burns off the bad stuff that either chlorine or bromine (depending on the salt blend you use) can't take care of.

With the Onzen generator running it will either produce chlorine or bromine again depending on the salt that you put in the tube at start up.

On a more positive note I would like to say a big thank you to the Arctic employees that answer the Onzen support line. Your answers to my questions have made my understanding and operation stress free.

I would encourage anyone who have questions or are struggling to maintain the correct water balance to give them a call.

I was going to call them but I couldn't find a US number. It was no biggie, I didn't have a problem, just a "I'm curious" type of question.

Maybe Tom can PM me the US Onzen support number in case I ever need it. I'm not sure I know where my paperwork stuff is at, and I always know where my computer is. ;)

I was going to call them but I couldn't find a US number. It was no biggie, I didn't have a problem, just a "I'm curious" type of question.

Maybe Tom can PM me the US Onzen support number in case I ever need it. I'm not sure I know where my paperwork stuff is at, and I always know where my computer is. ;)

Onzen support phone number is located in the Onzen user manual. The number is in Canada. There are no US telephone numbers.

Chuck

I have the "Arctic Ozone" option but I see there is also a "Peak Ozone" and "Salt Water" option in the water treatment boxes on my order / invoice form.

Peak Ozone has been discontinued and has not been available since 2007. The Salt Water option probably refers to the Genesis System by Pioneer H20 (this is not an Arctic Spas product).

Onzen support phone number is located in the Onzen user manual. The number is in Canada. There are no US telephone numbers.

Chuck

They do have an 800 number. It is 1-800-309-1744