Safty Cover Install Question

I just had a safety cover installed, the kind that has the locks directly in the cement that screw down when the pool is opened. I am very happy with the builder overall but was disappointed at the damage to the cement around the locks. I know that the metal post screws into the ground flush when not is use, but around the metal posts, there are small craters about the size of a quarter to half dollar wide and about a centameter deep. I have not seen this kind of damage at either of my two brother in laws pools and was wondering if this is normal or could be due to other factors such as the temperature when installed, that it was installed when it was raining, etc.

The pool company suggested that I purchase the O rings from them to cover the damage up. Well, I am unhappy with the need to add the O rings in the first place and them suggesting that I pay for the O rings is making matters worse. Am I being the unrealistic customer as this happens all the time or do I have a legit beef with the way the work was completed? Any feedback is welcome, many thanks!

I just had a safety cover installed, the kind that has the locks directly in the cement that screw down when the pool is opened. I am very happy with the builder overall but was disappointed at the damage to the cement around the locks. I know that the metal post screws into the ground flush when not is use, but around the metal posts, there are small craters about the size of a quarter to half dollar wide and about a centameter deep. I have not seen this kind of damage at either of my two brother in laws pools and was wondering if this is normal or could be due to other factors such as the temperature when installed, that it was installed when it was raining, etc.

The pool company suggested that I purchase the O rings from them to cover the damage up. Well, I am unhappy with the need to add the O rings in the first place and them suggesting that I pay for the O rings is making matters worse. Am I being the unrealistic customer as this happens all the time or do I have a legit beef with the way the work was completed? Any feedback is welcome, many thanks!

Sounds to me they used a dull drill bit in the hammer drill. The brass washers are fastest way to fix the problem, but they should give them to you

Sounds to me they used a dull drill bit in the hammer drill. The brass washers are fastest way to fix the problem, but they should give them to you

Thanks for the answer, I am meeting with the builder tonight and he has asked me to ignore the standard letter that was sent out. I think that they will give me the brass washers.

Let me know how they removed the anchors so they could add the washers. I too have a little chipping around many of my anchors - nothing as bad as you're describing but a nuisance. I plan to have my pool deck and adjacent patio finished/top-coated by a local contractor next spring and want to install those washers afterward. Thx