Hot Tub Delivery Day!

larrys1

I want an umbrella like that also as living on the beautiful coast of Western Washington, we get a whole lot of rain. For now, my husband attached some pipe to the table he made for next to the tub. We can just slide a golf umbrella in there and at least a few of the seats are covered. We're going to get a patio umbrella eventually and that will be larger. But we can't spend $3-500 for a spa umbrella.

You have to get one as soon as you can. It was raining the other night and it kept us nice and dry while we soaked! Very nice...

Nice stuff Larry! I hope you enjoy your tub as much as we do! Having about 20 people over for Thankgiving. It will certainly get a lot of use that's for sure!

20 people? Holy Cow! Better get some extra shock to throw in it afterwards!

BTW, after turning the dial on my Onzen to the correct position, I am now getting the correct amount of sanitizer produced.

my delivery guys left the onzen dial all the way to the right so it wasn't working very effectively.have a lot of iron in my water,tub looks brown..hopefully now i have the setting on the onzen set correctly and the water will clear up,which is when i'll put some pics on here

my delivery guys left the onzen dial all the way to the right so it wasn't working very effectively.have a lot of iron in my water,tub looks brown..hopefully now i have the setting on the onzen set correctly and the water will clear up,which is when i'll put some pics on here

Dial should be all the way to the LEFT and give it a half capful of Refresh should help.

Larry, I also have the same spa unbrella as you. I also put in in the same corner as you (left of the steps), but I have to move it as when I spin the umbrella it bumps into the top of the cover. I have a different lifter and it doesn't lower at all when its open. Also the position of the sun is why I need to move it also. So at my next water change I am going to move it to the other side (side with the panel) and give it a spin.

Mine came with two of those brackets with all the holes in. I put one of them in the hole in the base and then put the umbrella in, but the bracket thing keeps being pushed up by the locking thing that you push up. Also when it was a little windy, the wind caused the bracket to rise and not be locked. I looked outside and saw my unbrella spinning around in a circle. It was a slow spin as it wasn't real windy but I had to run outside and push the bracket back down to lock it.

Where does the other bracket go? And is there a way to stop the bracket from rising and getting unlocked.

I had to put the base under my spa before I had the umbrella. My dealer had to order the color I wanted and it didn't arrive until after my spa arrived. So they gave me the base from a different one just to have it under my spa before I filled it up with water. So I couldn't get inside the base to see if the other bracket somehow goes in there.

Nice stuff Larry! I hope you enjoy your tub as much as we do! Having about 20 people over for Thankgiving. It will certainly get a lot of use that's for sure!

20 people? Holy Cow! Better get some extra shock to throw in it afterwards!

BTW, after turning the dial on my Onzen to the correct position, I am now getting the correct amount of sanitizer produced.

I'm a former chef and still have a commercial kitchen set-up.20 people don't scare me and I have lot's of shock treatment for the aftermath!

That is a beautiful tub! The cabinet is pretty. I'm sure you are very excited! I want an umbrella like that also as living on the beautiful coast of Western Washington, we get a whole lot of rain. For now, my husband attached some pipe to the table he made for next to the tub. We can just slide a golf umbrella in there and at least a few of the seats are covered. We're going to get a patio umbrella eventually and that will be larger. But we can't spend $3-500 for a spa umbrella.

Anyway, awesome tub! I can see you're really going to enjoy it for years and years. And it sounds like Apollo did very well helping you out right away. I'm glad your problems were worked out so well. Goes to show that Arctic and Apollo are good companies to work with. :)

Thanks for showing us the pics!

Anne

It is wonderful! It was raining today pretty bad and we sat in the tub with the umbrella open and the entire tub is dry! Here's a pic...

IMG_1119.jpg

Well, received the tub. Didn't get the hose filter or Refresh in my satrtup kit. Had to drive the 20 miles to get those. Filled tub and hooked up electrical. Everything is working! Tested for Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness, both are perfect. At 90 degress, added Onzen salt (pre-dissolved in buckets of warm water). After several hours, tub was 102 and we went in for a soak. FEELS GREAT! Had a FLO error, eventually went away. Oh yeah, didn't receive the digital ORP tester either.

Got up this morning, had FLO error again. No measurable sanitizer levels. Added 1/2 cup Refresh. Ran BOOST with cover open for 20 min. Turned Onzen at top control from CP2 to CP4 (16 vs. 8 hrs/day). Still no measurable levels. Opened up cabinet and saw Onzen generator blue light and bubbles coming from outlet.

Apollo is sending out a guy today to look at the Therapy Air as we only get bubbles from 3 openings. I will discuss other items while he is here. I'm really bothered by the FLO error.

Pillows won't stay put. Disgusting design if you ask me.

One pillow is cracked and one diverter bear claw pops off.

So far, so good...right???

Will post pics soon...

Larrys1,

Did you get a couple of louvered doors that you can use when it is warm outside. I got 2 louvered doors that I had on this summer. And being on the the other side of the state in Eastern Washington didn't have any flo errors even when the outside temperature reached 103 degrees this summer.

The louvered doors will provide air circulation and cooling so that the inside of the tube stays cool.

You will get a flo error if the inside temperature reaches 124 degrees. The motor will shut down until the inside temperature drops below 124 degrees therefore protecting the motor.

Chuck

I did have a FLO error because of the inside temp was HI. I hope I don't have this problem next summer when it gets really hot out during the summer months. I have the forever cabinet on mine, so I do not have the option of putting the louvered doors on to get some of the hot air out. I did buy a spa umbrella in the hopes of keeping my spa in the shade to hopefully stop this from happening too much. We'll have to see when summer comes. Right now I'm just thinking about making a snow angle in my bathing suit and then jumping in the water ...... CANONNBALL !!!!!!!!

Larrys1,

Did you get a couple of louvered doors that you can use when it is warm outside. I got 2 louvered doors that I had on this summer. And being on the the other side of the state in Eastern Washington didn't have any flo errors even when the outside temperature reached 103 degrees this summer.

The louvered doors will provide air circulation and cooling so that the inside of the tube stays cool.

You will get a flo error if the inside temperature reaches 124 degrees. The motor will shut down until the inside temperature drops below 124 degrees therefore protecting the motor.

Chuck

Thanks for that info Chuck. I will look into those. Where did you get your doors and how much were they?