Brown Stain In My Pool

Can anyone help?

We live in Spain, our pool is almost two years old, interior is Gunite, it is a salt water pool managed by machinery in our pump house. T

A few months ago a brownish rusty coloured stain appeared at the bottom of the pool, I have tried cleaning it but the stain wont budge. Our Pool Builder said to wait til the end of the season and he would come and drain the pool and check it out, an expensive business draining pools in Spain! However, wehen we were out the other day visiting a friend I noticed he had the exact stain, he said it was an Oleander flower that had caused it and it would just go. His stain has only been there a few days. Is that right? Could it be Oleander, we do have a few bushes fairly close to the pool area. Any ideas as to what I can do?

Can anyone help?

We live in Spain, our pool is almost two years old, interior is Gunite, it is a salt water pool managed by machinery in our pump house. T

A few months ago a brownish rusty coloured stain appeared at the bottom of the pool, I have tried cleaning it but the stain wont budge. Our Pool Builder said to wait til the end of the season and he would come and drain the pool and check it out, an expensive business draining pools in Spain! However, wehen we were out the other day visiting a friend I noticed he had the exact stain, he said it was an Oleander flower that had caused it and it would just go. His stain has only been there a few days. Is that right? Could it be Oleander, we do have a few bushes fairly close to the pool area. Any ideas as to what I can do?

put some vitamin c tablets into an old sock and hold them on the stains. If they are rust they will dissappear. If this is the case and the stains are widespread you can treat the pool with ascorbic acid (1 lb per 10000 gal.) and a sequesterant (according to label directions) to keep them from reoccuring. If you have spot staining then just use the vitamin c in a sock to remove them and add sequesterant to your water. It is best to do this when the pH is about 7.2 (7.0 for fiberglass and plaster pools).

run the filter for about 24 hours and then bring your TA backi in line if it dropped. Then adjust your pH if it dropped but keep it about 7.4. You might find that your FC levels have dropped also. Bring them up about 1 ppm/day until they are in normal range. DO NOT SHOCK THE POOL FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS.

If the vitamin C does not remove the stains then they are not caused by iron. To see if they are caused by algae put a trichor tab in a sock and use your pool pole to hold it on the stain for about 15 minutes. If the stain is organic it will bleach. If so then you can spot treat with the trichor and brush, brush, brush!

Can anyone help?

put some vitamin c tablets into an old sock and hold them on the stains. If they are rust they will dissappear. If this is the case and the stains are widespread you can treat the pool with ascorbic acid (1 lb per 10000 gal.) and a sequesterant (according to label directions) to keep them from reoccuring. If you have spot staining then just use the vitamin c in a sock to remove them and add sequesterant to your water. It is best to do this when the pH is about 7.2 (7.0 for fiberglass and plaster pools).

run the filter for about 24 hours and then bring your TA backi in line if it dropped. Then adjust your pH if it dropped but keep it about 7.4. You might find that your FC levels have dropped also. Bring them up about 1 ppm/day until they are in normal range. DO NOT SHOCK THE POOL FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS.

If the vitamin C does not remove the stains then they are not caused by iron. To see if they are caused by algae put a trichor tab in a sock and use your pool pole to hold it on the stain for about 15 minutes. If the stain is organic it will bleach. If so then you can spot treat with the trichor and brush, brush, brush!

Nice to know that someone quotes a post by another person but does not want to give the original poster credit for it so it looks like he knows what he is talking about! Geez!