Am I Making The Wrong Choice?

mmitchell

I have read a lot of the posts here and I am wondering if I am making the wrong choice about getting a fiberglass pool. It seems like a lot of people have had cracks and problems with contractors. What do you think I should do? Vinyl or fiberglass?

I have worked with both types. If you are a do it yourselfer, then vinyl liner is somthing you can change yourself after about 10 years.

The fiberglass will requier a resurface after about 10 years. That is a complete sanding and re prime and re paint with epoxie paint.

I would check into those costs in your area. We used to charge about 1000 to 1200 for a new liner installed in a 18 x 32 pool.

The resurface may be more.

If the fiberglass pool is not set properly, it can crack. I would read up on it or contact others on how it is done properly in your area.

I have worked with both types. If you are a do it yourselfer, then vinyl liner is somthing you can change yourself after about 10 years.

The fiberglass will requier a resurface after about 10 years. That is a complete sanding and re prime and re paint with epoxie paint.

I would check into those costs in your area. We used to charge about 1000 to 1200 for a new liner installed in a 18 x 32 pool.

The resurface may be more.

If the fiberglass pool is not set properly, it can crack. I would read up on it or contact others on how it is done properly in your area.

Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of a fiberglass needing resurfacing. I will make sure I ask...